[Feedback Wanted] Mobile Responsive

• 22 November 2016
  • 60 replies

Show first post

60 replies

Hey @Nicholas! Good to hear from you again!

Good to know re: the tablet breakpoint – are there any specific sizes that you think we should add? Were your clients asking for a tablet specific experience that are very different from a desktop experience?

Oooh yes, I would love that as well 😍 Since we are in the art of gathering your input, what in your mind is optimizing for retina? How can we support retina display besides being able to upload .SVGs?

Thanks so much for taking the time with leaving your feedback, we appreciate it lots!

-Denise and @Jordana (Product Owner of the Content Builder)

It’s frustrating that HTML5 is not there to make it simpler to collect inputs in form fields.

Thanks for the feedback @Alex_Scovell!

Re: Retina images, I think you’re referring to this tip from @Phillip - correct? Also, forms are also pretty high up on our radar, so stay tuned to the Community for more updates.

I haven’t had too many issues that i couldn’t resolve fairly easily. retina - there is a tip somewhere about using images as backrounds within a box - shouldn’t be necessary but works nicely and not too much hassle.

I can’t see how anything could be a higher priority than forms however - and they are sooo important on a landing page

anyhow - i’ll pipe down. I don’t have too much to say on the responsive functionality.

Thanks @Chris_Jenkins1! I’ll reach out to them. 🙂

Denise,

I’d recommend reaching out to branko and milan.

They have hands on experience working with the mobile view and can give you
better feedback.

Thanks for doing this! As Nicholas mentioned, we need support for retina displays. Right now, if you add a good quality PNG to any landing page, it looks great while in the editor but when you publish it, the quality degrades significantly on both desktops (retina and high res displays) as well as smartphones. GIFs seem to work a lot better though.

@Denise_Villanueva

This is a great topic! My biggest issue is with fonts. I am sure the new editor is going to handle fonts better but right now when I use any custom fonts the mobile page breaks, bad. It is mostly centered around using CSS such as line-height and font-size. I mark those elements !important and the pages end up with horizontal scrolling.

For my clients staying “on brand” with the right fonts is one of the most important things. The easier it is to work with custom fonts (and having them not break mobile views) the better!

Joe

I selected all of the above. But another huge problem is that there is no way to differentiate stats between mobile and desktop.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Denise_Villanueva,

This is exciting to hear! I’ve been looking forward to some updates in this area for a while. I can tell you that from a client perspective, the things clients ask me most about is why Unbounce doesn’t have a specific view for tablets. It’s either mobile or desktop and nothing in between. I personally don’t think this is a huge deal, but it sure would make a few folks very happy if they could optimize specifically for tablets. 🙂

Also, I know this isn’t exactly related to mobile responsive improvements, but it is a mobile request… It would be amazing if Unbounce had support for retina displays, so that we could display super crisp images on small screens and make them look great!

Best of luck with your project and looking forward to seeing the results.