3 Marketers Went Head-To-Head, Here Are The Results

Show first post

37 replies

Yes, more money spent, more leads, less conversion rate. In the UK quite a few things happened to the economy in the last month (vaccine rollouts, a lot of news around lockdown being lifted, kids was sent back to school) and we saw a decrease in conversion rates with all our products, we do quite a few, so we spent a little bit more money on marketing for this campaign.

Smart Traffic had no impact. Again: The conversion rate decreased.

The only reason for more conversions is that the budget was increased.
More budget = more visitors = more conversions.

That’s not an improvement. That’s a higher budget causing more traffic.

If you want to promote smart traffic or higher conversions then it should show an impact on that KPI.
But as we see: that KPI decreased.

Badge +2

@STRAT3GIC You can’t look at it this way without looking at the original variant’s CVR for the same period. In this case the challenging variants did beat the CVR (even if it was slightly). You also don’t know if the original variant would’ve performed well if 100% of the traffic was sent there. CVRs will almost always dip at scale, so that’s normal. In theory Smart Traffic was able to bring in conversions, at a good CVR, for people who may have not converted on variant A.

Hello,

I’m sorry but in your example, the conversion rate is the same 10.5%. What am I missing here?

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hey @Cartrack_Portugal no need to be sorry, if you look at the big leap in visitors, the conversion rate makes a bit more sense. Gareth sent more traffic to his campaigns during March compared to previous months which increased the number of visitors and the number of conversions, but caused the conversion rate to stay relatively the same (slightly decreased even). Jonathan also made an excellent point here:

I think it’s easy to get distracted by the CVR, but there are a lot of elements at play. I wonder if I should add a couple lines to the post detailing the increase in traffic 🤔

This article is misleading in my opinion and the answer from Jonathan is not enough. What he is saying is that, even though the conversion rate stayed the same, it’s still a win situation with SmartTraffic because it brought conversions that otherwise wouldn’t convert. How is that possible if the conversion rate is basically the same? How can you guys reach that conclusion with that data?

You send 1.000 visitors to landing page A and another 1.000 to B. Conversion rate is 10%. You get 100 conversions for each landing page and you used SmartTraffic with landing page A. You finish by saying that SmartTraffic is a really good thing. Cmon. You can’t get that info from that data.

Hello @julien_level , just wondering how long are your forms usually to make multi step forms perform better? do you think multi step forms would perform better for a 4/5-field form? merci !

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hello @Olivier !

It depends on my client but usually it’s the classic field (first name, last name, email, zip code, city and phone number). I would suggest to start first with a question that is more engaging than « first name « for example.

For The contest I added as the opening question: « tell us about your situation ».
It was not required by @gforce01 but I felt could be also useful for the call center and visitors may feel that Homelogic was interested in their situation.

Thanks Julien for the reply, helpful. Should I A/B test multi step vs single step form or is it a waste of time and I should rather ab test something else? The advantage of a single step form to me is that the prospect can see it’s very short so I am still undecisive.

Thanks again Julien, I will. Would you know how to change “1 of 4” to “1 sur 4” on the multi step form?

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

yes !

somewhere on the script you have:
},
step: function(state, bar) {
bar.setText(currentField + 1 + ’ of ’ + allFields.length);
bar.path.setAttribute(‘stroke’, state.color);

You just have to replace “of” by “sur”.

Have you added a script to translate error message ? if not i’ll send you our or you can find it on the community.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

CR aside …

Considering there were more conversions I’m curious if the CPA went up or down? And, how many of those conversions became paying customers? That, for me, would indicate if there was real success in optimization.