Removal of Jquery Dependency

Show first post

37 replies

Will take a look. Thanks @TimothyDO

@TimothyDO
I took a look back at an older version, released Feb 6th, and telephone fields were not being assigned type=“tel” so I don’t believe this is something new. Could you please provide a specific example if you believe this was just changed?

Thanks

I had you (unbounce) hook up with a thirdparty validation company to come up with new versions of the scripts they provide their customers, the majority of which make use of your service.
The code you came up with between yourselves included the following…

$(‘input[type=tel]’).bind(‘change’, function(e) {

Which would denote that you (at least at one point) thought that you’d be using the html5 tel input type…

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Thanks @TimothyDO for the quickfix.
As we are approaching the end of the day here in France, i’m gonna wait until tomorrow to see if the expert from Unbounce fixes everything.

Any update on when this re-release is?

@TimothyDO,

We’re currently testing the fixes. They will most likely be deployed in the next few days baring any issues uncovered. A more concrete release plan will be established today and we’ll update here.

Might be an idea to warn the community of the release date on this new release…

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi Timothy,

I’ve created a new post here so that folks won’t need to scroll through the comments section to see updates. 🙂

-Jess

You stated:

Popular workarounds involving custom validation rules and messages will still function as expected

Does this mean that any custom validation rules that we’re injecting via lp.jQuery.validator.addMethod should still function?

What about the usage of the popular Multi-Step Form Script since it too relies on the existing validation to properly handle “validation by step”? Should that still function as expected?

Many of my clients’ pages rely on each of these so I have a real worry that this change will break many of their forms.

Will this allow us to disallow submissions from certain domains for example?

Hi @Brian_Burns,

Thanks for the reply. It looks like the multi-step script that’s in use in your example is different than the one shared in this thread. Would you mind sharing the updated script so that we can test it with our forms?

@Brian_Burns That multipage script is a seriously simple test case.

Firstly it’s throwing many errors about fields not being focusable. ((second time I loaded it threw a whole new batch of errors, third time different warnings))
It appears that the shim you’re applying isn’t taking into account that it maybe trying to focus on a field that isn’t on the current page of the multipage form.

Secondly on the test account we had @Rob setup for our use we are having issues with validation of multiple fields on the same page. It appears that running lp.jQuery(validateArr.join()).valid(); Where validateArr is an array containing multiple fields to run validation against is only running the first validation and then returning true.

So are you able to modify the example page you have so there are multiple fields on each page and test that. And can I reiterate the request for you to share the link to the multipage script you use in this example?