Solved

[Early Adopters]: Try our New Video Backgrounds Feature!

Update: April 12, 2016
We have now released this as a full feature to  all Unbounce customers. 
Check out the full release post here

One of the hottest design trends on the web right now is the use of video backgrounds , which should come as no surprise since bandwidth speeds are getting faster and web-browsers are becoming more robust. In fact, one of the most active threads in our own Community last year was:

How can I create a YouTube Video Background? … which involved a fancy little javascript workaround that one of our developers put together (big shout out to Johnny!). While the script ended up working pretty well, it seemed to only fuel the demand from customers for us to actually build this into the page builder as a native feature.

I’m happy to announce that thanks to our most recent Shipit Day, our wonderful developer Mark was able to build this as a real, built-in feature that’s ready for beta today. Hooray!

Video backgrounds have been implemented fairly successfully on websites so far, but there is some debate on whether or not they would have a positive or negative effect on a landing page. While the effect might look beautiful, it could prove to be too distracting and might contribute to lower conversion rates.

Like anything else you implement on your page, you’re going to want to test this thoroughly to see what effect (if any) it has on your conversion rates. We recommend running an A/B test and segmenting a small portion of traffic towards the page - just to be safe.

How can I join the beta?
Sound off in the comments below and let us know you want to try it out! If you don’t have an Unbounce account, you can sign up for one here. 

icon

Best answer by Justin 14 April 2016, 01:04

View original

598 replies

I’m okay with that, Jakob! Can’t wait to hear your feedback. 

Okay, we’ll turn it on for you. 🙂

Fantastic! Count with us!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Please add me to the beta.

Thanks

I’ll give it a go…

Yessss, I want

Very cool! Count us in!

Yes Please!!

Can I get in on this? Thanks a heap! 

Yep ! I am in !

Id like to test!

Please add my to the beta!

Ive been waiting for this for a long time - This is awsm! Please let my try!

I want this!!! I really want this… You should give that to me…for real! Thanks 

I just saw that I got ZERO points… not very impressive… I think this video feature will a great motivation

Hi folks! I’m a brand new to Unbounce and would love to explore it more. Certainly want to try your awesome feature, sign me in!

Hi Justin, I would like to be added to the beta users’ list for this feature please, as “video” does not appear in my dropdown menu for now. Thanks!

Please let me join! I will give amazing feedback. I would like to use on our landing pages. If possibly rotate the video w/ a slider. If not, I’ll still make it work w/ one video but I am very very interested! 

I would like to join the Beta.

sign me up please

Hi,
 We would also love to join and begin testing it immediatly. Can you sign us up please?

Hi there Justin, sign me up for the beta test!

Thanks

I would like to join the test

sign me up for the beta test!