[Early Adopters]: Try Our Newly Expanded Lightbox Feature!

BETA RELEASE: LIMITED TIME ONLY

We’ve already solved the issue of being able to put external lightboxes on your landing page without using any code, but today we want to take it one step further and release an enhanced and completely new experience for building lightboxes in Unbounce. With this new feature release, you’ll be able to design, customize and publish all of your landing pages’ lightboxes right from within the page itself. This means no more publishing separate ‘lightbox’ pages, and no more juggling URL’s.

There’s a few other gems to look out for, too. If you’ve ever wanted to put a form in a pop-up, you’ve likely had to employ a workaround that involved a couple different pages linking to one another. Well, I’m happy to report that you’ll finally be able to open a lightbox with a form in itand be able to attribute those leads to your original page! Boo-yeah!

Not only that, but the traffic that hits your lightboxes won’t be double-counted against your traffic quota (like it currently is if you’re linking to another Unbounce page). Finally, lightboxes are also mobile-responsive so you don’t need to worry about which device your viewers are coming from.

This is a huge release, and I’m happy to announce that this feature will be available to the public by January, 2016. However, If you want to get early access to this feature right now, just be one of the first 50 people to leave a comment below and we’ll enable it on your account.

Happy Lightboxing!

--------------------------------j

UPDATE - January 4, 2016:

We’re opening the Lightbox beta up to even more users starting today!

We’ve enabled our newly expanded Lightbox feature up to 50 early adopters, and so far we’ve experienced no major issues. In fact, feedback has been super positive! 

Due to the success of the launch, we’re going to be letting more customers into the beta starting now. All you have to do is leave a comment in this thread and we’ll enable it on your account within 24 hours.

UPDATE - January 7, 2016: 
Thanks to one of our all-star beta testers (looking at you, John Ndege!) we’ve uncovered a little bug that prevents the form from communicating with integrations properly if the form is placed in a lightbox. The leads are still collected, but they’re not pushing back out to any integrations at this time.

Our teams are working hard to correct this, but we don’t have a solid ETA on a fix just yet. In the meantime, if you have integrations we suggest leaving the form on the main page instead of in the lightbox for now. 

We’ll also keep this thread updated with the progress on this bug.

UPDATE - February 2, 2016:
We’ve hit our limit for beta testers for this feature so we’re going to shut the signup process down. A huge thanks goes out to everyone who volunteered! Stay tuned to the Community for more feature announcements, and keep an eye out for the official launch of Lightboxes in Unbounce.

UPDATE - March 4, 2016:
_ _We’ve officially released this as a full feature in Unbounce. Start adding lightboxes to your landing page today!

381 replies

Hi Gil, 
Sure thing! My guess is that you’re following the instructions for our original lightbox implementation, which you can find here. This involves some custom code and the publishing of different pages for each lightbox. We’re keeping this documentation live until our new lightbox feature is out of beta, which would explain why there’s some confusion. 

Instead, I recommend following the new beta guide which you can find here.

Give that a try and let me know if you’re able to get these lightboxes up and running!

Absolutely sign me up! You guys are the best.

Am I too late to be a lightbox beta tester?

yep but you have two problems then:

1. you cannot build a form on the First landing page prior to light box
  2. you cannout a/b test the lightbox funnel

Is there a way to submit a form into a lightbox? Can’t find an option there.

I want to let the user fill out 2 fields, then submit it into an lightbox to complete the registration process.

Currently i solved this with “Open URL in Lightbox” but that consumes two credits per User.

Hi, please sign me up !

Yes please : )

Hi Unbounce,

It’s only possible to include a form per page, It would be great to duplicate the form to the light box, or even create a new, different one.

Yes, please! I want test this

Hi Luis, 
We allow for only 1 form per page as a general rule. The reason being, from a user experience perspective, having numerous forms can be a bit confusing and generally reduce your conversion rate. 

As a workaround, you could simply put the main form on the landing page itself, then create different ‘pages’ that are lightbox sized and open those pages as lightboxes.

Note: This will however count against your traffic for each lightbox that is opened. 

Add me please. 

Hi Gil, 
This is a fairly unique use case, and one that won’t be easily achievable with this version of lightboxes. The reason being is because having multi-step forms will count against your traffic regardless, as you’re always sending them to another page with another form.

This is a very valid use case though, so I’m going to go ahead and pass this use case on to our development team for them to ponder over. 

It’s never too late for Carlsbad! We’ll see what we can do to get this enabled by end of day. :) 

Kyle - you’re making us blush. 

We’ll get you signed up ASAP!

Awesome, sign me up!

It bank for the respond
I can easily show you top Silicon Valley B2C companies who do just that. This is definitely not a very unique case.
In any case, how would you suggest to go about it?

Which is not right as unbounce on its pricing page emphasis that unique user is one user with no tricks and small letters, while in fact user that goes through few light boxes and fill the next steps forms- is dude fly become multiple users…
I advice to take a look at Airbnb for example - landing page and five steps of light box. Do you think they count me as five users??

How do I build a a multi-step form please?

I don’t understand how to link the first part of the form located in the first lightbox with the second lightbox.

Hi Justin,

I know we can only use one form per page,when I need two I use a fancybox, but it takes much more time to built.

What I suggested is once the lightbox is on page it would be faster to achieve,

i.e. we use unbounce for our ppc ads, most of the landing pages are about an offer, promotion of a given product, every page as a form, but we also give the user the possibility, in a lightbox to just download a brochure if we could have a second form in the lightbox it would be great.

Just a suggestion! :) 

Please sign me up!

Yes… me too. Do you have to specify clients or will it be on for everyone?

We could use the lightbox feature :) 

I would like to participate, please sign me up.

Yes please sign me up!

Please sign us up!