Popup form window

• 12 October 2011
  • 37 replies

Hi Everyone,

I like unbounce and I see many good templates to start with, I just have a small issue, for some templates they don’t have any form place, just a big action button

is there any way to integrate this action button with a popup form to register?

I mean without changing the template design, just one user click the form a popup window will ask him to fill the form.

and anyway to see how many user clicked in the action and how many one actually filled the form (filling the form already in unbounce, but clicking the button is not exists)

37 replies

Ryan - thanks. This definitely fixed the my desktop browser issue, but it didn’t resolve the z-index issue on any of the Android-based mobile browsers I tested. Any suggestions?

For noobs important thing to make it work is that ‘JQuery’ box should be marked in JavaScript dialog.
Without JQuery included on the page fancybox popup will not wok.

I’m joining in late here…
Thanks Ryan it is very useful.

Is there any way to set that a popup will open up (after a button is clicked) in a form of “new window” rather than a lightbox?

I’d then like to be able to define the exact size of the new window pop up.

Can you help with that?

Thanks,
Gil

When inserting the code, it should be done “in the lower left” right? In the “JAvascrips” and “Stylesheets” areas?

Hey Thomas - that’s right. We made some changes to our editor a couple months back and moved the Javascript tool from the menu up top down to the footer. I’ve updated the article to reflect that change. Thanks for the heads up.

Thanks for the quick reply. I’ve tried the code, but I can’t get it to work. There is no fancybox action happening at all, just the new page opening up, replacing the old one. I suppose I need to take a crash course in JQuery?

Ahaaa… Since I have the “enable Fancybox” ticked, I simply removed the…

Would it be possible to have the pop up light box without having a button trigger?

Hi there!

Are you looking to have a light box pop up upon visiting your landing page? Just trying to clarify a bit what you’re looking for.

If so, you could always take a stab at this code that I sourced up on Google.

http://visuallightbox.com/rq/automati…

Feel free to also get in touch with us at support@unbounce.com if you’d like to dig into more details.

Hi I tried to implement this but I am getting an error when the lightbox opens.

“Unable to resolve the server’s DNS address.”

Is this something I need to take up with my host / domain registrar or is this an Unbounce issue?

Page is: http://lease.restinchairs.com/workpla…

Userlevel 3

Hi Frank - I took a look at your page and you seem to be linking to the wrong url.

It’s currently linked to:
http://www.lease.restinchairs.com/signup

but the working url is:
http://lease.restinchairs.com/signup

Just swap out the url and you should be good to go.

Thanks that fixed it.

Hi, is there a way to have the light box change shape to reflect the size and content on the form submission conformation page?

Userlevel 3

Hey Ben - The lightbox size should correctly match the dimensions of your Form confirmation dialog.

If not, it may be that there are elements sticking outside your confirmation dialogs bounds. Try clicking through each object on that page and observe it’s dimensions.

Say i wanted to have a conformation dialogue box wider than the form popup, would there be a way to have the light box change in size to reflect this? Or would I have to set the initial width to something that can accommodate the conformation dialogue?

Userlevel 3

Hey Ben - You could try make your form confirmation dialog page larger, but then have the content within a box element so it gives the impression the main content is the box itself.

Not sure if that was what you were looking for. If not clarify how you’d like it to look like and i’d be happy to establish if this is possible or not.

http://research.caciconsult.co.uk/7-h…

This is the link to the page i’m messing around with this on. Hopefully this is clearer than me explaining the issue

Userlevel 3

Thanks for sharing that Ben. I think I see what you’re talking about now. It’s the lightbox window that comes up when you click ‘Download the whitepaper’. Is that correct?

If so, then within your lightbox code you can set the width and height. It looks like your already trying to do so, but you’re missing one small thing:

When you specified the dimensions you forgot to wrap the values in quotation marks:

‘width’           : 500

should be

‘width’           : ‘500’

Hope that helps Ben!

That seems to have fixed it. The only minor comment to make is now the lightbox occupies the entire screen and not the set width.

Userlevel 3

Hey Ben

I replaced your script with one we recommend here:

http://support.unbounce.com/entries/21698744-How-do-I-get-a-button-link-to-open-another-page-in-a-li…

Seems to play a lot better. Take a look and let me know if you have further questions.

Hi johnny, this doesn’t seem to effect the issues we’ve been discussing. The script you replaced works nicely but unless you wrap the sizes in quotation marks the form conformation page is effected. When the sizes are wrapped in quotations the form works as designed but the lightbox occupies the whole page.

Cheers

Userlevel 3

Hey Ben -  I think I may be still confused as to what you want the end result to be. I’m opening up a ticket so we can discuss this further. You should see a email from me shortly

Hi there! Although this is a pretty ‘old’ post, I have some questions regarding lightboxes:

When I follow the instructions given by Ryan Engley, first thing that happens is that I get pretty ugly scroll bars at the right and bottom of my lightbox.

I managed to ‘remove’ those by adding 20 Px to the measurements (my page is 450 x 650; measurements that remove the bars are 470 x 670).

BUT: When the Thank You dialog pops up, there are scroll bars, too. And I have absolutely no clue how to remove those. And regardless of how small I resize the Thank You dialog, at least the vertical bar remains … which seems unlogic because the form page is so tall in height.

So, the questions:

Is there anything I can change within the java script to avoid those scroll bars alltogether?

If not, is there anything I can change elsewhere to remove those scroll bars?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Page regarding this issue is

http://app.schneider-wulf.de/systemhaus-frankfurt/

(click the button ‘hier online vereinbaren’)

Userlevel 2

Hi Martin - this is a known issue that we’ve been working on a fix for. We’re just wrapping up testing of that fix, so it should be in place today or tomorrow. I’ve made a ticket for you, so that we can let you know when this happens.

Thanks for your patience.

Hi there!

Maybe I’m stupid, but I don’t know where to find that ticket!? Can you please tell me how to find it?

Besides, there’s another open request sent via ‘Support’ - ‘Create a new support ticket’ regarding that same landing page and it being displayed slightly oversized when published sent in some days ago and we can’t see any signs of you working on that problem, either. Same question: Is there any overview regarding my requests?

Thx in advance, with best regards