Domain error "Not Working"

I have setup a domain, linked it on the Pages section.  If you go to the domain it is working, however we have an error message on the domain page of “Not Working”.  Why is this?

3 replies

Hi James,

This can depend on many factors. We had a bit of a struggle with DNS and domains here at Impact. Without the actual link, there’s not much I can check but here are my guesses.

1- It takes times, give it an hour DNS and domain settings might take some time to adjust.

2- DNS and IP’s are not setup properly, check for spelling mistakes on both.

3 -  If you know your way around a terminal use the function get to see if you’re pulling the right IP for your domain.

4- Make sure you don’t have any internal DNS redirections (we had one at Impact) that forces your computer to search that domain on that IP.

Let me know if you need more info on this.

Thanks,

Simao

Hey James, 
Looks like we were able to help out via support ticket, but I’ll chime in with the answer here in case anyone else is seeing this error. 

The ‘not working’ message you see in the app for the domain wimbledon.omm.co.uk is a issue that our developers are currently working on. The issue is messaging only, and the domain is working and SSL secure, so available using both HTTP and HTTPS.

We’re working on clearing this up, but in the meantime don’t sweat it - your domain is working just fine. 
Thanks!

Hi James, 
This was already dealt with in a support ticket, but I’ll give a quick recap here in case anyone else is running into this issue. 

The ‘not working’ message you see in the app for the domain wimbledon.omm.co.uk is a issue that our developers are currently working on. The issue is messaging only; and the domain is working and SSL secure, so available using both HTTP and HTTPS.

That means as long as you can access that domain, and an Unbounce page comes up, then everything is working A-OK. If you think you’re running into a different issue, be sure to reach out to us directly at support@unbounce.com

Cheers,