Ability to define custom time period (date range) for conversions / visitors / reports

• 17 October 2010
  • 38 replies

Looking at the list of my landing pages I can only see some total numbers visitors and conversions. Ability to select a period of time for this view would allow me to see the reaction on my recent marketing changes.

38 replies

Following up on the long list of people requesting this since 2010 (11 years!). This is an important requirement, whether for clients or in-house marketers, to understand performance over defined time periods. Can you please update when this will be ready? As Richard said in Nov '14 this is 101 Reporting. And Unbounce has been saying since 2014 that you “realize how critical this specific feature is”, that “we will definitely be tackling something” and that “we would love to tackle this solution, and there are few priorities above it.”
Could you please share an update?

4 years later and still waiting for date ranges on conversion rate analytics.

But hey, at least we have this…

Hello, does this not exist yet? I can’t believe it. It’s a deal-breaker for me, and I’m an agency, a recent client and already have 2 accounts with you. I’m shocked. This is very basic and a necessity. 

It’s such a basic feature in any kind of reporting that I didn’t think to even consider that it didn’t exist.

This can’t be right. 

I guess perhaps it makes Unbounce look good saying “you have 300 impressions” - doesn’t matter if that’s across years vs. days.

Hi everyone! 

I just wanted to let you all know that Unbounce is currently working on Reporting 2.0 which would include the ability to select a custom date range.

We’re currently gathering feedback to make sure we build the most robust tool possible that meets your needs. If this is still important to you, I highly suggest heading over to the thread below and let us know what’s on your wish list. Also, if there’s anything else that you would like to see in your dream landing page reporting tool, be sure to sound off here: 
/topics/feedback-wanted-reporting-analytics-2-0

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Reporting by defined period.

It would be extremely useful to break down conversion by a given time period like a month, week or even by day.

Currently using GA for that, but anything that would help me spend less time in GA is highly appreciated 😉

you come from the past? your picture like

Hi Richard, I know it’s not exactly what you’re looking for but we’ve started down this path by letting you download leads in a client for a specified date range. Look for a “Download your Leads CSV” button on the righthand side of the main “All Pages” screen. Form here you can select a pre-defined date range like “Last 30 days” or you can add a custom range.

We are still keen to add the same functionality for pages as well. Once our Script Manager feature is fully out the door, we’ll be starting to make some improvements to overall Page Management.

This is a 101 reporting request. Seems strange it’s not available.

Thanks for the response, Carter.

This is my personal free account that I use for testing and such, but we have a pro account under my company. Is it possible to give me access to 2, 5, and 6?

Can you give me access to 2, 5, and 6?

Hi Guy, I agree. Please see my comment above for a little more explanation on where this sits for us. We would love to tackle a solution for date selection with stats, there are a few priorities above it still, but not many.

Hi Roger,
First off I really appreciate you taking the time to write and ask about our priorities. I’m more than happy to share that with you, and hopefully it will shed some light on our situation.

One thing I’ll mention is that the list of Get Satisfaction “ideas” ranked by popularity is actually a fairly accurate representation of the top priorities for our product at any given time. It doesn’t include everything, and the order is not always feasible (sometimes technical dependencies mean building one thing ahead of another,) but for the most part it’s a good guide. This very topic is sitting in 4th place today.

You’re right that we’ve seen less releases this past year than you might expect. A lot of that is due to our product hitting a size where we needed to step back and build better infrastructure to make sure we continue to have the most robust page serving platform out there. This included releasing a brand new Page Serving Platform that allows us to serve pages from 4 data centers around the world, enabling faster page load times and the ability to survive server outages without any downtown. This was also the foundation for a couple of features we released, or are working on right now:

1) Dynamic Text Replacement Ñ this used to be at the top of that “most popular Get Satisfaction” ideas list and since launching it we’ve seen some huge success among marketers running PPC ad campaigns.

2) Script Manager (currently in Alpha) Ñ this feature allows you to add javascript snippets (Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, etc) at a domain level, without having to worry about each page individually. It’s sitting at #3 in the community requests, and is currently being used by a handful of customers in Alpha while we iron out some of the last kinks. We’ll be launching this publicly in the next month or so.

3) Themeforest Partnership for more templates Ñ Earlier this year we built a feature to enable downloading and uploading of an Unbounce page and all of it’s assets. This feature has enabled us to tackle the long-standing top community request of More Templates. Through a partnership with Themeforest, we’ve been able to bring over 60 new templates to our customers.

4) Spam & Bot Control Ñ Earlier this month we released some big changes to help us fight spam and bots that were messing up customer’s stats. You can read more about that release over here.

5) Responsive Mobile-ready Pages Ñ This is a big one. Our team has been hard at work on building the functionality to have pages look great on both desktop and mobile devices without having to maintain separate pages and redirects. The Responsive feature is currently in the hands of 150+ customers, soon to be about 500 as we roll into Closed Beta. We are hoping to push this to the public in the coming months.

6) Downloading Leads within a Client for a specified Date range Ñ this feature is about 70% done and is a stepping stone towards the feature you are describing. To start with, users will be able to download all of their leads for a given time range (last month, this week, etc…)

7) SSL Since you asked about what features have higher priority, this is one of them. While I completely agree with you about the need for better reporting, SSL has no possible workaround and is a major requirement for many of our existing customers doing lead-gen. Now that the Spam & Bots project is out the door, we are digging back into SSL (it is the same dev team who will be responsible for both projects.)

Sorry for the extremely long winded re-cap, but hopefully that gives you a bit of an idea of what we’ve been busy with this year, and what we’re working on right now. The truth is that when this topic was first suggested over 4 years ago, we’d only had a product in the wild for less than 8 months, and had a dev team of 3. As we’ve grown, we’ve constantly had to prioritize the features and improvements that will have the biggest impact on the most customers, and that we can achieve with the team that we have.

Knowing how critical this specific feature is to you and so many others, we will definitely be tackling something when the above in-progress features are finished up and out the door. I hope you can hang in there for just a little while longer.

Please let me know if I can help clarify anything else around our roadmap or prioritization process Roger. As I said, I’m happy to talk about it.

Cheers,
Carter

You’re the Director of Product & User Experience, and I’m not. I’m just a customer. But may I ask - what is currently a higher priority than this? What upgrades have been released in the last year that were more important than this? Maybe you can convince us to wait a bit longer if you share some of that. This thread has been here FOR FOUR YEARS. It’s really hard to believe that something this fundamental couldn’t have been addressed sometime in the last 4 years.

By the way, this is NOT just for agencies! I’m not an agency; but I’d like to be able to generate for my account, page-view and conversion stats that are congruent with other timelines in my business - say I introduce a new feature to MY product, and reference it in my copy on all of my landing pages. After 6 weeks, I want to assess whether that change made a difference in my conversion rates. Do you see where I’m going here? I need to look at slices of time in my stats. I need better reporting.

However, at this point (over 3 years after my first post here), we are clearly into the territory where if I am not getting what I want out of this relationship, it’s my own fault. I’m out looking for other solutions. I’m sure I’ll find several; if any of them meet this need, I’ll switch.

This feature is a necessity for any serious marketer regardless of agency or inhouse (I have been both, and currently am both) and it doesn’t matter. This is key, and since each visit most likely has a time stamp, shouldn’t be that difficult, either.

Hey there, I’m really sad to hear that. Totally understand your frustration and I wish I had a better answer than “we know.” Date selection for stats is not going unnoticed, it’s just not quite prioritized above the other work our dev team is focused on at the moment. We definitely realize this is a must-have feature for many agencies and marketers building reports on a regular basis though, and we hope to tackle it as soon as we can.

Seriously…you are completely missing the boat with this one. How can you possibly have a thread that’s been around for this long, with this many unhappy customers clearly letting you know they will no longer be using your services if you don’t make this most basic change? Add me to the long list of your (agency) customers that are bouncing from your service.

Any news on this improvement? Its really important that we could track monthly stats. Every month I have to extract page stats and variations stats, at the moment we have 66 landing pages plus variations. Its becoming really difficult to keep track.

I’m not the only one in this situation, for marketers this is a key feature, very important.

Need to make custom time period reports available ASAP!!!

This would be extremely helpful. Even a CSV export of daily visits vs. conversions would suffice as a short-term bandaid.

I need reporting over time. A simple CSV Export would be great. It’s already tracked per billing cycle, why can’t I simply export that?

I agree with Scott, this feature is really necessary!

5 Months ago and its still High up on your list after being suggested 2 years ago…One of the fundamental reports for any marketing initiative is the time based report. Time to go look for other solutions as it is high on my list and soon to be an ex-clients list.

Hi Michael,
Yes I can guarantee you that this is high up on our list, but we still have no ETA for it. Sorry I can’t give you more than that at this time, but please know that we understand how much this would improve the value of our A/B testing tool, and is definitely something we look forward to building. When we actually kick the project off and have a better understanding of dates we will update this thread.
Cheers,
Carter

Can the Unbounce folks make a post letting us know if this feature is planned, however rough the date?

Without this, the value of the A/B testing is severely reduced.