[Tips & Scripts] Sticky Navigation Bar For Desktop - The Code Behind Our 2015 Call-To-Action Conference Page

• 16 February 2016
  • 51 replies

Show first post

51 replies

I think this is what you’re looking for. It’s a sticky button, but I think you can link it to do whatever. 

/topics/unbounce-tips-scripts-smart-back-to-top-button

Hello to my favorite marketing tool! 

I’m following this tutorial and had a quick question for you: /topics/unbounce-tips-scripts-sticky-navigation-bar-for-desktop-the-code-behind-our-call-to-action-page?topic-reply-list%5Bsettings%5D%5Bfilter_by%5D=all&topic-reply-list%5Bsettings%5D%5Bpage%5D=1#reply_17723882

Is there a way to have the fix box change backgrounds after the first or second section? Maybe a combo of this tutorial and the “Fading Header” tutorial here: /topics/unbounce-tips-scripts-fading-fixed-header-joyvhnt3qi2…

My CSS skills could use some sharpening. 

----- Screens of my problem. I want the menu bar to be transparent initially, then become solid after passing the main hero so the user can still see the menu:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ss6txchyf5nj1d4/2016-08-01_1926–Change_the_background_of_a_sticky_header.swf?dl=0

Thanks so much!

I had this same issue, it’s because the buttons and content weren’t properly nested in the box. Might be worth looking into for future reference. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hey Adam,

I can help you get this figured out. Look out for an email from me shortly and we’ll dig into your page : ) 

Hi Joel, I’m experiencing the same issueÑelements in header not showing up after implementing the Javascript. Please help! Thanks very much.

Hi Guys
I had a similar problem.  Make sure you put a box inside the footer/header, and that the box and not the footer space is specified in the code. This is the mistake I made.  My page works fine now
Thanks

Hi Guys
I had a similar problem.  Make sure you put a box inside the footer/header, and that the box and not the footer space is specified in the code. This is the mistake I made.  My page works fine now
Thanks

Hi Guys

I’ve implemented a sticky footer button and all is working swimmingly (we are using a lead generation model).  The only issue is that we are getting repeated requests from the same user for the download, and I was wondering if this was due to the sticky button?  Our other pages do not feature a sticky button and it is rare that a user asks for the download several times.  Does anyone else have this issue?  If so, did you solve it?  Any help would be appreciated.  The url is here: http://ride.sportactive.net/summer-cycling-october/ 
Many thanks!

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hey Elvis,

Thanks for reaching out!

I’m going to open up a support ticket to help you get this working. Look out for a response from us shortly : ) 

Best, 

Excuse me, my header box can’t move as the the effect shown above.  

http://unbouncepages.com/mjclinic-serviceflow/

Can u help me? thank you, i love this effect!

Excuse me, my header box can’t move as the the effect shown above.  

http://unbouncepages.com/mjclinic-serviceflow/

Can u help me? thank you, i love this effect!

second that - THANK YOU

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Joel, I never thanked you for this!

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hey Diana. 

I just sent you a response over the support ticket your fired in this morning. Feel free to get back to me over email at any time : ) 

I have a similar problem… could you share the solution please?

This is great. Thanks so much for the well detailed tutorial! 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hey Steven,

Thanks for reaching out! I’ve opened up a support ticket so we can take a look at your page and see exactly what’s going on. Look out for an email from me shortly : ) 

Hi I have followed your instructions to a tee and all i get is a white sticky scrolling box. None of my buttons that i placed inside on top are showing. please help

Here’s the link to the Mobile Hamburger Menu: 
/topics/unbounce-tips-scripts-mobile-hamburger-navigation-men…

Joel, I saw the email yesterday… Can’t wait to play with it!

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hey Joe!

I just wanted to let you know that we’ve posted the hamburger menu workaround : ) You can check that out here.

Give it a look Joe and feel free to reach out with any questions.

Well done Joel!  You just gave everyone a $5/mo gift as an alternative to using hello bar 🙂

Joel,

Thank you. I use sticky headers with a CTA button in them now. It works very well, especially at mobile. People can jump right back up to the form when they are ready regardless of where they are on the page. But, with a mobile ‘Hamburger’ menu so much more could be done…

I’ll stay tuned for part 2!

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hey Joe. 

I’m glad to hear you like the post.

A mobile ‘Hamburger’ menu was actually going to be our ‘Part 2’ of this post. We’re still working on the tutorial, but we should have something up shortly. 

I’ll make sure to link it here when we get it completed : ) 

Thanks again for checking this out Joe!

Best, 

Awesome tutorial, Joel! Super easy to follow and a great use case for a longer format LP such as for a conference.