Thank You Page - How do you do it?

• 29 August 2010
  • 9 replies

basic question, how do you handle thank you pages? Currently we are sending them to another published “thank you page” which IMHO clutters the dashboard. Any thoughts?

9 replies

What do you think about the picture?

“This is landing pages without unbounce…”

Haha, love the picture Slider 🙂

To answer your question, what you’re doing right now is the best solution to the problem currently.

However, we will be releasing a new feature in the coming weeks that will allow you to provide a modal thank you page contained within your original landing page. This will make it much simpler, self-contained and will remove the need for the extra page and the associated clutter.

Glad you’re liking Unbounce.

Cheers,
Oli

Cool & Not a problem. Look forward to the feature enhancement.

But can I make TY-page also as next landingpage? I mean can I direct conversed traffic to next Unbounce page? TY-pages are very important cross selling places and they need their own A/B testing and CTA-s as well.

Hi Henrik,
If I understand your question correctly, yes you can send users to a TY page after they have completed your lead-gen form. When you select the form in the editor, there is a dropdown menu in the right properties panel labeled “Confirmation”. Change this to “Go to URL” and provide a URL of another Unbounce page that you want to AB test and use as your TY page. Does that help?

Yes, that probably does the trick. Would be nice if I could do it somehow this way, that I keep them on same URL (unbouncething.mywebpage.com) and do not need to create new custom address on every part of my funnel. Is this possible?

Having a thank-you page after completing a form that doesn’t take you to a new URL is coming in the next couple of weeks (it’s the feature that Oli mentions above). Right off the bat however, these thank-you pages won’t be split testable, but we are certainly thinking about the best way to do that since we know folks will want to A/B test their TY pages as well.

You better work directly then on letting people create several landingpages in a row (funnel) and TY page would be just one use case there. Should be tech-wise easier and more logical for clients.

Yes that’s great feedback Henrik. We understand that using multiple Unbounce pages to act as a funnel is less than ideal and have been discussing this very topic a lot recently. Will keep this thread up-to-date with progress - Thanks for the feedback!