Removal of Jquery Dependency

Show first post

37 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

you may be right, but strangely i’m at home and he is at the office.
I’ll deal with that after 😉
thanks

Will take a look. Thanks @TimothyDO

@julien_level Really quick dirty fix for the telephone issue… Assuming your field is called “telephone”…
$(’#telephone’).removeAttr(‘pattern’);
document.getElementById(‘telephone’).type = “tel”;

@TimothyDO
I took a look back at an older version, released Feb 6th, and telephone fields were not being assigned type=“tel” so I don’t believe this is something new. Could you please provide a specific example if you believe this was just changed?

Thanks

I had you (unbounce) hook up with a thirdparty validation company to come up with new versions of the scripts they provide their customers, the majority of which make use of your service.
The code you came up with between yourselves included the following…

$(‘input[type=tel]’).bind(‘change’, function(e) {

Which would denote that you (at least at one point) thought that you’d be using the html5 tel input type…

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Thanks @TimothyDO for the quickfix.
As we are approaching the end of the day here in France, i’m gonna wait until tomorrow to see if the expert from Unbounce fixes everything.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hey folks! Please let me know if I should start a separate conversation. I’d like for each of you to have the answers that you need, but I also want to make sure that updates don’t get buried here in this thread.

It might be faster if we set up a quick meeting to make sure we’re all on the same page. 🙂

Hey all,
We’ve decided to roll back this release temporarily due to an issue that has come up with GTM. If you republish your pages you will have the previous version with jQuery included. Before rolling forward again we’ll look to address as many of your issues as possible and will update here when we have a new release plan.

Thanks for sharing your issues here!

Any update on when this re-release is?

@TimothyDO,

We’re currently testing the fixes. They will most likely be deployed in the next few days baring any issues uncovered. A more concrete release plan will be established today and we’ll update here.

Might be an idea to warn the community of the release date on this new release…

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi Timothy,

I’ve created a new post here so that folks won’t need to scroll through the comments section to see updates. 🙂

-Jess