Introduction Thread

Hey there!

Welcome to the Unbounce Community, errrrbody. On behalf of the whole Unbounce crew, we’re thrilled you’re going to be part of the group.

Anyway, the thing about online communities is that they’re usually either:

a) Totally awesome (y’know, a place where you can chat with fellow marketers, ask questions, and nerd out over cool stuff)

OR

b) As awkward as a junior high dance…

We definitely want to avoid any awkwardness, so to get things rolling, let’s get to know each other better. 

Post an intro blurb below and tell us a little about yourself Ð you can even use some of these questions as a way to get started:

• What’s your name? What do you do? What would you do if you weren’t doing what you do?
  • What’s your favourite marketing campaign of all time?
  • Are you a dog person? What’s your stance on cats?
  • Star Wars or Star Trek?
  • Share your favourite GIF 
  • Share links to your website, blog, Twitter, or LinkedIn.
    Have some fun, get chatting, and don’t be shy. We can’t have any wallflowers, or this is gonna get weird. 

So who’s up first?

Ð Justin

84 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hey Hish! Welcome! We’re stoked to have you!

That’s quite the question! In fact, I’m not even going to start getting into that here, I’m going to start a whole new thread for that one - because I love it!

So glad you’ll be at our Open House! Make sure to come say hi if you see someone with red hair wandering around 👋

Hello Unbounce Community, Hish here!

• Currently on a sabbatical after wrapping up my previous gig as a Market + Sales Analyst at a local (Vancouver) real estate development firm. Taking this time to reflect and research exciting opportunities.

• If I wasn’t, I’d likely be lost somewhere in South East Asia photographing/writing/eating my way through my adventures.

• Can’t think of a favourite, but this recent one made me stop and think. Heineken “Worlds Apart”.

• Dogs are awesome, but cats memes are better. 😸

• “Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

• idios.ca is a personal blog dedicated to the exploration of design and humanity. Linkedin.

If I may, I’d like to share a question I’ve been thinking about over the last 18 months:
How might technology and data shape our environment, and by extension our society, for the better?

Let’s hear some crazy ideas!

As an aside, I’m looking forward to the upcoming Open House!

UH-MAZING!!

We’re SO excited to have you join the team! Not only will your eye for copywriting come in handy (let’s be fair, I’ve had my fair share of typo’s) but an endless supply of Mulder memes is always a bonus. If I could sum up the Community teams’ sentiments about you joining Unbounce, this would probably be it: 

BEST MEMES EVER

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Well hey there!

I’m Jess! I’m a brand new member of the Community team here at Unbounce. Officially I’m here as the Online Community Coordinator, unofficially I am here to troll @Justin with X-Files memes and find every opportunity to quote The Simpsons.

Fun Stuff About Me:

I’m the biggest Star Wars fan, I went and saw Episode VII on my birthday last year and cried real tears when Han said “Chewie, we’re home.” I also have an Episode V lunchbox.

I have a bit of an addiction for house plants. Last time I counted, I had over 25 plants in my living room alone.

I’m also a massive hockey fan. I follow the Canucks religiously (much to the disappointment of @Stefano and @digibomb), and I’m a member of a very regimented hockey pool. My favourite marketing campaign can be summed up in a 35 second video that was released during the 2008 Stanley Cup Playoffs, I get chills every time:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYwA9s-hjMs

Now, let’s get down to brass tax…

Before Unbounce I was the Community Manager at a fintech startup in Vancouver, and before that I was a freelance designer/copywriter, and before that I was a Community Manager for an organization that supported adults with developmental disabilities (and somewhere in there I went spent 2 years in University for Interactive Design).

I’ve been digitally creeping Unbounce from afar for roughly 2 years, so this is all still incredibly surreal for me.

In my time here, I plan on contributing to the online culture of Unbounce’s Community. I want to make this the best damn online Community on the face of the earth, and I feel like a lot of the work is done for me because everyone here seems so awesome.

So, if you feel so inclined, I’d love to hear from you folks! If you’d like to introduce yourself, or if you’ve had any experiences in the Community (good or not so good) I want to hear about it! Feel free to send me an email at jessica.burnham@unbounce.com.

Also, here’s my Twitter, feel free to follow and/or creep.

Looking forward to chatting!

Welcome to the Unbounce Community! We’ve got a ton of great marketing resources here: http://unbounce.com/resources/, on our blog here: http://unbounce.com/blog/ and of course on the Academy right here! Have fun starting your business!!
M

Hey all! I thought I’d take a moment to introduce myself! I’m a marketing grad that worked the corporate grind for sometime and am looking to start my own thing! I’m exploring Unbounce as my major tool for my web presence. Any suggestions, ideas, tools, products, or inquiries for collaboration, send them my way! Looking forward to contributing to the Unbounce community!

Phil, been waiting for you to make your intro!  Knew you’d do so with style and grace (hence the animated Carleton) hahaha… Love it.

Our Account Executives here have been killing it since joining team Unbounce, don’t know what we’d do without you guys now. 

Also… Welcome to the Community! 

Hey all, 

My name is Phil and I’m an Account Executive here at Unbounce. It’s been about 4 months since I joined to I figured it was just about time to introduce myself to this awesome community! 

I’ve been working closely with our newest (and soon to be newest) agency partner clients to make sure they have everything they need to be set up for success. 

Favourite marketing campaign:

• it honestly might have to be the personalized Coca-Cola bottles because that turned into a few pretty funny games with my buddies (brilliant strategy!)
    Addressing the dog/cat debate:

• big fan of both, but if it came down to it I’d probably have to go with a pup-- but following up with a cat pretty soon after
    As for Star Wars/Trek:

• gonna have to go with Star Wars though I’m not particularly inclined towards either (its really BB-8 that one it over for me)
    Link up with me here!

Lets Dance!

Hey Stuart! Thanks for the excitement! I HAVE been getting requests from parents about adult sized armor, so I’ve been thinking about it. It just gets really complicated with adult bodies being so varied in size. Will let you know when we launch the kickstarter 🙂

OMG Frantz, please tell me when you make adult size armor… if only I had this as a kid, my youngest would love this, he’s forever being a knight, power ranger etc. I think there’s a real market for this stuff and I’ll happily be a customer… international shipping and a discount code? 😉

Welcome to the community man, please feel free to shout if you need anything 🙂

That’s your dog?? SOOO CUTE!!

Welcome to the Community, Frantz! :) 

Welcome, Frantz!

Hey everyone!

My name is Frantz Widmaier, I live in Los Angeles. I’m in digital marketing, and product management. I also started a toy startup www.battlekids.net that is launching its kickstarter at the end of may. 

My favorite marketing campaign…geeze I dunno, probably some of the stuff done by Cards Against Humanity. I am a dog person, I actually just bought a dog that im picking up from the breeder in a few weeks (i’ll post a pic)

Star Wars, but grew up watching Star Trek with my whole family (great memories).

Thanks for everything you guys do at Unbounce. I’ve learned a lot, and am happy to be involved in digital marketing in such a fantastic fast pace time. 

I’m a residential real estate appraiser in the Chicago area. My web site address is 
http://www.realestateappraisalscookcounty.com.  Can you give some ideas what UNBOUNCE  can do for me in getting clients to order an appraisal?

Alan D’Alba
847-710-5114
aexact1067@gmail.com

Thanks Finge!

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi Michelle, congrats the new job! Very exciting! And welcome to the community 🙂

Hi! My name is Michelle and I’ve just started at Unbounce as Marketing Director. I’m absolutely thrilled to be here. Great bunch of very smart people who go the extra mile to be helpful and delightful. 

If I wasn’t in marketing, I’d be a vet, in the savanna, or in Patagonia, or somewhere remote. 

Fave marketing campaign was for a non-profit org advocating clean drinking water for African children. It was a video showing a child about to drink from a toilet bowl. The tag line went something like this: “You wouldn’t let your child this water, why are you letting African children do it?” Extremely powerful.

Dog person but I like cats and other animals too!

Star Wars.

And here’s a favourite Seinfeld moment 🙂

Talk soon!

https://ca.linkedin.com/in/michellemercier 

Talk to me about working remotely ;) 

We got you covered with this little placed called Tofino. 😉

That would be awesome, but where would I surf? ;) 

Thank you, I love designing and building landing pages - Unbounce makes it so easy, I use it for so much! 

Hi Zoe! 
Sounds like you’d be a great fit on #TeamUnbounce, as we have quite a few stellar unicorns grazing in our green pastures up here in Vancouver. Ever thought of living in an igloo? 

P.S. LOVE your landing page! Great structure and subtle touches, such as the green arrow leading from the headline/copy to the form, and the smooth scrolling button at the bottom are both really nice additions.  :)

Hey Unbounce Buddies :) 

My name is Zoe and I’m my official title is Digital Marketing Executive at www.pureprofile.com Ð most commonly know as ‘Digital Marketing Unicorn’ since I have zero formal marketing qualifications and am entirely self taught so have developed semi-decent “hacking” skills across many, many platforms and areas at the company.

I also blog at www.zomt.com.au (healthy recipes/lifestyle) and am co-founder of www.detoxcleansenourish.com (nutrition program) Ð both my undying passions and what takes up most of my hours outside of the 9-5 job.

If I wasn’t working full time, I’d just be surfing more :) 

Can’t say I have a favourite marketing campaign of all time Ð but I love anything that uses social media platforms to drive traffic. I think I get off on seeing awesome conversions rates actually!

I love all animals but I’m totally a cat person. 

Don’t hate me but I haven’t seen either Star Wars or Star Trek.

Bookmarked.

Welcome to the Community, Babs! 🙂

Welcome to the Unbounce Community, Rebecca! That’s totally rad that you get your office to listen to Call to Action Podcast. 🙂

What would you say your biggest CRO challenge these days? Would love to hear what you (and your team) are working on!