Introduction Thread

Show first post

84 replies

Hi there Unbouncers,

I’m Becca and I’m a marketing manager in an events/training/digital membership company in the education sector based in London.

I have been working with my team to implement CRO into our day to day lead gen activities with the help of our dev team who keep our ‘creative’ brains in check, trying to make us stick to the rules and adopt the science.

We love using Unbounce and I make everyone listen to the podcasts. 

Probably more a dog person than a cat person, I’m really proud that this year’s Crufts winner was from my home county, County Durham. If you don’t know about Crufts in Canada you should look it up, they have some pretty epic marketing and some dogs you might see on Star Trek.

But I’m Star Wars obviously!

https://twitter.com/Whiterct
https://uk.linkedin.com/in/rebecca-white-94062923

I just got an email so I just thought I should to say Hi.

I’m Babs. Online marketing and SEO Frigging freak… I love landing pages and what I can do with them. I’m a Nigerian and I love eating rice as it’s almost all we have down here.

I blog at http://babsreviews.com where I SHARE everything I’ve learnt about growing a successful online business.

Look forward to meeting a lotta great peeps down here 🙂

Regards.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hello Everyone:)

I am Mahabul Islam from Bangladesh. I am a freelancer and landing page lover.
I can’t think of anything else than creating landing pages! Lol… just kidding.

I love this community because I have always found what I have looked for here. I am really very happy that I could be a part of this community 🙂

I am not a dog person! But I do like cats sometimes!!! Not an animal person actually 😉

No star wars please! Kind of into star trek though but avengers the best for me.

Always a super fan of animation movies 😃

My profile Webpage link: http://mahabulislam86.tk/

Looking forward to connect with other members in the community.

Cheers. 

Hi Vic, thanks. 

Hi Stuart, thanks for the heads up on that one - they stand out on other peoples pages like a sore thumb but I always miss them on my own. 

Cheers

Darren

Welcome Darren,

Keeping chickens seems to be catching on, I’ve had at least 3 people mention about championing the chickens this week! 

I like the simplicity of your landing page, just thought I’d let you know there’s a little typo, hope you don’t mind, figured you’d rather know than not. 🙂

I think perscription should be prescription. 

Welcome onboard good to have you with us, anything we can help with please just holler! 

Cheers

Stuart.

Userlevel 3

Welcome to the community, Darren!

Glad to hear you are enjoying using Unbounce and I can’t to read your comments in the community.

Cheers!  

Hi Everyone,

I’m Darren, I have been an Unbounce customer for a couple of months now and Love it!

I run a CRO start up Conversion House based in the UK, I have been getting into Conversion Optimization online more and more over the last 8 years and absolutely love it, having started marketing offline.

I’m just getting started providing it as a service to others but have experience getting results in my own business’s. 

Before running my own business’s I was an Engineer mainly focussed on Lean Manufacturing so Optimizing production lines, which is very similar to optimizing websites from a thought process point of view just with different tools. 

I love how friendly and helpful everyone in the Unbounce community is and look forward to getting to getting to know you all better.

As for favourite ad campaign, it’s probably going to be a old one maybe Claude Hopkins Shiltz beer ad or one of David Ogilvy’s (so many to choose from) I’m gonna pick the Rolls Royce one “at 60 miles an hour the loudest noise in this new Rolls-Royce comes from the electric clock”

I’m more of a cat person - they take less looking after but really Chickens is where it’s at!

thank you

thank you

• My name is Kathryn, I am in Customer Support, if I wasn’t in CS at Unbounce I’d be breeding ornamental shrimp. And aquascaping. 
  • “Don’t Mess With Texas” - learn here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don%27t_Mess_with_Texas
  • I am a dog and cat person. I am a general animal person.
  • I enjoy Star Trek more than I enjoy Star Wars. But I’m not really a big fan of either, sorry.
  • Here’s my twitter: https://twitter.com/ofbug

Definitely! We’ll give you a tour of Unbounce HQ and give you a bottle of Canadian Maple Syrup. 🙂

wow!! If I go to Canada can I visit you and Izu? hehe 

Happy to have you on board, Kenji! Super cute .gif by the way… she looks like a baby version our office dog, Izu!

Hey everyone, 

I work for a medical company and I do unbounce landing pages for Korea and the US . I want to help more small business to sell globally online with unbounce  in the future. 

Unbounce is great and you all have a bright future! 

That gif is mesmerizing and terrifying all wrapped into one. 
Also, welcome to the Community Brad!

I finally had the chance to meet Justin at our Vancouver office this week, and he implied some very unfortunate outcomes for me if I failed to introduce myself here.

Actually, he showed me some of the awesome stuff happening here and I felt embarrassed for not having introduced myself already!

So a bit about myself:

Well, that seems like a pretty good note to end on. Thanks for having me!

Hey everyone,

I’m the Multimedia Producer based out of Unbounce MTL! You might have heard me on the podcast, chatted at me in a webinar, or watched some of our other video content like Page Fights

I love all animals, maybe a little bit too much! I have 3 cats and 1 dog so it’s definitely a busy apartment. 

In my spare time I’m a radio host and am attempting to play roller derby. Captain Picard is my main man.

Looking forward to reading all of your tips and tricks and if you ever have any questions about Unbounce productions, feel free to give me a holler by hitting me up on Twitter or LinkedIn!

Oh hey!

I’m the Blog Editor at Unbounce. In five words or less… the blog is my baby. 🙂

I’m lucky enough to spend my days working with our expert contributors and internal experts, who have taught me so much about landing pages and marketing campaigns. I know there’s still a ton to learn, though, which is why I’m here! Looking to learn some new tricks from all you smart marketing folk. 

In my spare time I like making collage and going to comedy shows. Always up for a sensible chuckle. 

Hit me up on Twitter or LinkedIn! Peace!

Or weird science!

Ha Ha !!! Love love that gif Justin!!

And thanks for the love - it’s all just crazy science !!!

ll just 

Stuart and Amit - both offering up some fantastic advice as usual. You guys are like the unofficial conversion experts of the Community.

Excellent advice Amit, liking the idea of giving away the first chapter especially.

S.

Welcome Alex - Sorry I’m late to the welcoming party.

What Stuart said - he’s made some fantastic observations. Only things I have to add are;

1. Get a picture of you smiling up somewhere - it ties in with points 2 and 4 from Stuart above. Visual cues - and gives a lead in to introduce yourself and explain why people should buy your book.
  2. When it comes to introducing yourself - make sure you put at least 1 or 2 traceable success stories - when you’re selling success you need to talk about yours - it will certainly add credence and improve conversions.
  3. It might be worth considering (as an experiment possibly) trying to give away the first chapter of the book as a ‘lead magnet’. It means you have an email address - and someone who has already expressed interest - then you can push for the sale on email.

Good luck with it !

Cheers

Amit

Good news is i got the download from your email… I’ve not read it yet, it wasn’t my original intention, but I like the tone of the first couple paragraphs so I might well delve deeper! 🙂

My original message got clipped, I meant, celebrate the fact they have taken their first step to a new life, bells, whistles and positive re-inforcement, you have their interest, now build on their urgency and momentum to really get them to respond to your product offerings. 🙂

Cheers

S.

Hi Stuart, 

Thank you for your feedback! I must say that it is very constructive that’s what I’m looking for! 

It’s very important for me to improve my pages for optimize conversion. 

Please let me keep you updated on the results once I changed some of the suggestion you mentioned. (I think your point are valid! ) 

Regards
Alexander Ang