Introduction Thread

Show first post

84 replies

Hey all, 

My name is Phil and I’m an Account Executive here at Unbounce. It’s been about 4 months since I joined to I figured it was just about time to introduce myself to this awesome community! 

I’ve been working closely with our newest (and soon to be newest) agency partner clients to make sure they have everything they need to be set up for success. 

Favourite marketing campaign:

• it honestly might have to be the personalized Coca-Cola bottles because that turned into a few pretty funny games with my buddies (brilliant strategy!)
    Addressing the dog/cat debate:

• big fan of both, but if it came down to it I’d probably have to go with a pup-- but following up with a cat pretty soon after
    As for Star Wars/Trek:

• gonna have to go with Star Wars though I’m not particularly inclined towards either (its really BB-8 that one it over for me)
    Link up with me here!

Lets Dance!

Phil, been waiting for you to make your intro!  Knew you’d do so with style and grace (hence the animated Carleton) hahaha… Love it.

Our Account Executives here have been killing it since joining team Unbounce, don’t know what we’d do without you guys now. 

Also… Welcome to the Community! 

Hey all! I thought I’d take a moment to introduce myself! I’m a marketing grad that worked the corporate grind for sometime and am looking to start my own thing! I’m exploring Unbounce as my major tool for my web presence. Any suggestions, ideas, tools, products, or inquiries for collaboration, send them my way! Looking forward to contributing to the Unbounce community!

Welcome to the Unbounce Community! We’ve got a ton of great marketing resources here: http://unbounce.com/resources/, on our blog here: http://unbounce.com/blog/ and of course on the Academy right here! Have fun starting your business!!
M

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Well hey there!

I’m Jess! I’m a brand new member of the Community team here at Unbounce. Officially I’m here as the Online Community Coordinator, unofficially I am here to troll @Justin with X-Files memes and find every opportunity to quote The Simpsons.

Fun Stuff About Me:

I’m the biggest Star Wars fan, I went and saw Episode VII on my birthday last year and cried real tears when Han said “Chewie, we’re home.” I also have an Episode V lunchbox.

I have a bit of an addiction for house plants. Last time I counted, I had over 25 plants in my living room alone.

I’m also a massive hockey fan. I follow the Canucks religiously (much to the disappointment of @Stefano and @digibomb), and I’m a member of a very regimented hockey pool. My favourite marketing campaign can be summed up in a 35 second video that was released during the 2008 Stanley Cup Playoffs, I get chills every time:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYwA9s-hjMs

Now, let’s get down to brass tax…

Before Unbounce I was the Community Manager at a fintech startup in Vancouver, and before that I was a freelance designer/copywriter, and before that I was a Community Manager for an organization that supported adults with developmental disabilities (and somewhere in there I went spent 2 years in University for Interactive Design).

I’ve been digitally creeping Unbounce from afar for roughly 2 years, so this is all still incredibly surreal for me.

In my time here, I plan on contributing to the online culture of Unbounce’s Community. I want to make this the best damn online Community on the face of the earth, and I feel like a lot of the work is done for me because everyone here seems so awesome.

So, if you feel so inclined, I’d love to hear from you folks! If you’d like to introduce yourself, or if you’ve had any experiences in the Community (good or not so good) I want to hear about it! Feel free to send me an email at jessica.burnham@unbounce.com.

Also, here’s my Twitter, feel free to follow and/or creep.

Looking forward to chatting!

BEST MEMES EVER

UH-MAZING!!

We’re SO excited to have you join the team! Not only will your eye for copywriting come in handy (let’s be fair, I’ve had my fair share of typo’s) but an endless supply of Mulder memes is always a bonus. If I could sum up the Community teams’ sentiments about you joining Unbounce, this would probably be it: 

Hello Unbounce Community, Hish here!

• Currently on a sabbatical after wrapping up my previous gig as a Market + Sales Analyst at a local (Vancouver) real estate development firm. Taking this time to reflect and research exciting opportunities.

• If I wasn’t, I’d likely be lost somewhere in South East Asia photographing/writing/eating my way through my adventures.

• Can’t think of a favourite, but this recent one made me stop and think. Heineken “Worlds Apart”.

• Dogs are awesome, but cats memes are better. 😸

• “Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

• idios.ca is a personal blog dedicated to the exploration of design and humanity. Linkedin.

If I may, I’d like to share a question I’ve been thinking about over the last 18 months:
How might technology and data shape our environment, and by extension our society, for the better?

Let’s hear some crazy ideas!

As an aside, I’m looking forward to the upcoming Open House!

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hey Hish! Welcome! We’re stoked to have you!

That’s quite the question! In fact, I’m not even going to start getting into that here, I’m going to start a whole new thread for that one - because I love it!

So glad you’ll be at our Open House! Make sure to come say hi if you see someone with red hair wandering around 👋