Introduction Thread

Show first post

84 replies

thank you

thank you

Hi Everyone,

I’m Darren, I have been an Unbounce customer for a couple of months now and Love it!

I run a CRO start up Conversion House based in the UK, I have been getting into Conversion Optimization online more and more over the last 8 years and absolutely love it, having started marketing offline.

I’m just getting started providing it as a service to others but have experience getting results in my own business’s. 

Before running my own business’s I was an Engineer mainly focussed on Lean Manufacturing so Optimizing production lines, which is very similar to optimizing websites from a thought process point of view just with different tools. 

I love how friendly and helpful everyone in the Unbounce community is and look forward to getting to getting to know you all better.

As for favourite ad campaign, it’s probably going to be a old one maybe Claude Hopkins Shiltz beer ad or one of David Ogilvy’s (so many to choose from) I’m gonna pick the Rolls Royce one “at 60 miles an hour the loudest noise in this new Rolls-Royce comes from the electric clock”

I’m more of a cat person - they take less looking after but really Chickens is where it’s at!

Userlevel 3

Welcome to the community, Darren!

Glad to hear you are enjoying using Unbounce and I can’t to read your comments in the community.

Cheers!  

Welcome Darren,

Keeping chickens seems to be catching on, I’ve had at least 3 people mention about championing the chickens this week! 

I like the simplicity of your landing page, just thought I’d let you know there’s a little typo, hope you don’t mind, figured you’d rather know than not. 🙂

I think perscription should be prescription. 

Welcome onboard good to have you with us, anything we can help with please just holler! 

Cheers

Stuart.

Hi Vic, thanks. 

Hi Stuart, thanks for the heads up on that one - they stand out on other peoples pages like a sore thumb but I always miss them on my own. 

Cheers

Darren

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hello Everyone:)

I am Mahabul Islam from Bangladesh. I am a freelancer and landing page lover.
I can’t think of anything else than creating landing pages! Lol… just kidding.

I love this community because I have always found what I have looked for here. I am really very happy that I could be a part of this community 🙂

I am not a dog person! But I do like cats sometimes!!! Not an animal person actually 😉

No star wars please! Kind of into star trek though but avengers the best for me.

Always a super fan of animation movies 😃

My profile Webpage link: http://mahabulislam86.tk/

Looking forward to connect with other members in the community.

Cheers. 

I just got an email so I just thought I should to say Hi.

I’m Babs. Online marketing and SEO Frigging freak… I love landing pages and what I can do with them. I’m a Nigerian and I love eating rice as it’s almost all we have down here.

I blog at http://babsreviews.com where I SHARE everything I’ve learnt about growing a successful online business.

Look forward to meeting a lotta great peeps down here 🙂

Regards.

Hi there Unbouncers,

I’m Becca and I’m a marketing manager in an events/training/digital membership company in the education sector based in London.

I have been working with my team to implement CRO into our day to day lead gen activities with the help of our dev team who keep our ‘creative’ brains in check, trying to make us stick to the rules and adopt the science.

We love using Unbounce and I make everyone listen to the podcasts. 

Probably more a dog person than a cat person, I’m really proud that this year’s Crufts winner was from my home county, County Durham. If you don’t know about Crufts in Canada you should look it up, they have some pretty epic marketing and some dogs you might see on Star Trek.

But I’m Star Wars obviously!

https://twitter.com/Whiterct
https://uk.linkedin.com/in/rebecca-white-94062923

Welcome to the Unbounce Community, Rebecca! That’s totally rad that you get your office to listen to Call to Action Podcast. 🙂

What would you say your biggest CRO challenge these days? Would love to hear what you (and your team) are working on! 

Bookmarked.

Welcome to the Community, Babs! 🙂

Hey Unbounce Buddies :) 

My name is Zoe and I’m my official title is Digital Marketing Executive at www.pureprofile.com Ð most commonly know as ‘Digital Marketing Unicorn’ since I have zero formal marketing qualifications and am entirely self taught so have developed semi-decent “hacking” skills across many, many platforms and areas at the company.

I also blog at www.zomt.com.au (healthy recipes/lifestyle) and am co-founder of www.detoxcleansenourish.com (nutrition program) Ð both my undying passions and what takes up most of my hours outside of the 9-5 job.

If I wasn’t working full time, I’d just be surfing more :) 

Can’t say I have a favourite marketing campaign of all time Ð but I love anything that uses social media platforms to drive traffic. I think I get off on seeing awesome conversions rates actually!

I love all animals but I’m totally a cat person. 

Don’t hate me but I haven’t seen either Star Wars or Star Trek.

Hi Zoe! 
Sounds like you’d be a great fit on #TeamUnbounce, as we have quite a few stellar unicorns grazing in our green pastures up here in Vancouver. Ever thought of living in an igloo? 

P.S. LOVE your landing page! Great structure and subtle touches, such as the green arrow leading from the headline/copy to the form, and the smooth scrolling button at the bottom are both really nice additions.  :)

That would be awesome, but where would I surf? ;) 

Thank you, I love designing and building landing pages - Unbounce makes it so easy, I use it for so much! 

We got you covered with this little placed called Tofino. 😉

Talk to me about working remotely ;) 

Hi! My name is Michelle and I’ve just started at Unbounce as Marketing Director. I’m absolutely thrilled to be here. Great bunch of very smart people who go the extra mile to be helpful and delightful. 

If I wasn’t in marketing, I’d be a vet, in the savanna, or in Patagonia, or somewhere remote. 

Fave marketing campaign was for a non-profit org advocating clean drinking water for African children. It was a video showing a child about to drink from a toilet bowl. The tag line went something like this: “You wouldn’t let your child this water, why are you letting African children do it?” Extremely powerful.

Dog person but I like cats and other animals too!

Star Wars.

And here’s a favourite Seinfeld moment 🙂

Talk soon!

https://ca.linkedin.com/in/michellemercier 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi Michelle, congrats the new job! Very exciting! And welcome to the community 🙂

Thanks Finge!

I’m a residential real estate appraiser in the Chicago area. My web site address is 
http://www.realestateappraisalscookcounty.com.  Can you give some ideas what UNBOUNCE  can do for me in getting clients to order an appraisal?

Alan D’Alba
847-710-5114
aexact1067@gmail.com

Hey everyone!

My name is Frantz Widmaier, I live in Los Angeles. I’m in digital marketing, and product management. I also started a toy startup www.battlekids.net that is launching its kickstarter at the end of may. 

My favorite marketing campaign…geeze I dunno, probably some of the stuff done by Cards Against Humanity. I am a dog person, I actually just bought a dog that im picking up from the breeder in a few weeks (i’ll post a pic)

Star Wars, but grew up watching Star Trek with my whole family (great memories).

Thanks for everything you guys do at Unbounce. I’ve learned a lot, and am happy to be involved in digital marketing in such a fantastic fast pace time. 

Welcome, Frantz!

That’s your dog?? SOOO CUTE!!

Welcome to the Community, Frantz! :) 

OMG Frantz, please tell me when you make adult size armor… if only I had this as a kid, my youngest would love this, he’s forever being a knight, power ranger etc. I think there’s a real market for this stuff and I’ll happily be a customer… international shipping and a discount code? 😉

Welcome to the community man, please feel free to shout if you need anything 🙂

Hey Stuart! Thanks for the excitement! I HAVE been getting requests from parents about adult sized armor, so I’ve been thinking about it. It just gets really complicated with adult bodies being so varied in size. Will let you know when we launch the kickstarter 🙂