Introduction Thread

Show first post

84 replies

Hello there!
My name is Novita, but all of my friends (that includes you!) call me Vivi. I’ve spent 2 magnificent years living at Unbounce land as a Product Designer. What I love about working here is I could spend my entire day daydreaming (thinking), nerding out (researching) and designing ideas or ways to craft the best possible user experience within the Unbounce app. You’ll also find me and my other fellow product designers continuously delivering updates about new cool features and templates in Unbounce as well as gathering feedback about our current features.

While not poking holes at Unbounce, I knit, sew, and spend ridiculous amount of time reading or scouting new handcrafting tips and trick. You are more than welcome to connect with me on Linkedin, Twitter, Instagram, or checkout some of my previous works.

So Cats or dogs?
It’s hard to say, I love both but I’m just terribly scared of them.
Seriously.
Scared.

(recent update: I’m starting a dog therapy with our Director of Customer Success, Ryan and his dog, Toby).

All in all, I’m really excited as you all are to be a part of this community and I’m looking forward to talk or meet you guys soon!

Hey all,  it’s great to see this community growing! 

I’m Jay, currently an Online Marketing Analyst @ Laserfiche. We offer an ECM solution that can be tailored to every company’s needs.

My position is fairly encompassing - I handle all SEO/SEM/CRO/website optimizatio nefforts and am part of a wider 3 person digital strategy team. 

We’ve used unbounce for about 2 years now, with 300+ landing pages - I absolutely love the a/b testing functionality! I’m a huge proponent of user-centered design and believe that we can all make the internet a better experience for everyone! 

Thanks Justin!  I’m happy to say that the 5 minutes I spent looking for that GIF was the best wasted time of my day.

Hi guys (and girls)! 

My name is Simao and I work for Impact Teachers as a Marketing Manager. I’m currently responsible for all our digital strategy and online marketing and I’m a passionate growth hacker.

I’m an enthusiastic dog person and the best thing about working for Impact is our super cool office dog Rocky:

Please don’t be shy and follow me on twitter @simaosaco and LinkedIn.

Have a great day,
Simao Saco

Hello Community!

My name is Melissa and am the People & Culture Administrator at Unbounce! Feeling a little weird because you don’t know much landing pages? Don’t worry, me too. We’re in this together and we’ll become experts together!!

I can tell you I’m definitely a Star Wars gal. Maybe because Star Trek was a bit before my time… 

I AM CAT PERSON. In a big way. Cats just get me, probably because we’re both so fierce.

Nice to meet you!

(If you’re into it, you can always find me on LinkedIn and Instagram!!)

Hello all!

My name is Tim - Im the IT Technician here at Unbounce. Most of the time my role only requires me to deal with internal systems - so as part of getting to better understand our community I’m coming here (read - being forced to come here!) to introduce myself. If I wasn’t working at Unbounce I’d like to work as a full time sound designer and mastering engineer. 

Unfortunately I have literally no favourite marketing campaign - my time at Unbounce has been my first proper introduction to digital marketing. Ill come back to this one!

I am a big dog person. By which I mean I love big dogs. 

Star Trek. 

Cheers,
Tim. 
IT Technician @ Unbounce.com

Hi everyone, unbounce experts and crew! 

I stumbled upon this site in Google about landing page stuff! 
This community site is clean, organize and user friendly with all the help and support. love it! 

• What’s your name?
    I’m Alexander Ang from Malaysia! Yay! The famous news now is about our Prime Minister on the 1MDB case, 2.6 Billion and corruption news lol…

What do you do?
I’m in online marketing, helping my company to move their products and services into digital marketing era. 

• What’s your favourite marketing campaign of all time?
    Solo Ads & SEO! 🙂

• Are you a dog person? What’s your stance on cats?
    I’m a dog person, I have one and I love it very very much! :) 
    Cats? I still prefer dogs haha…

• Star Wars or Star Trek?
    Avenger please~

• Share links to your website, blog, Twitter, or LinkedIn.
    I’m in self-help niche, I write blogs and articles to share about productivity, success and law of attraction to benefit people who needs help in every part of the world… :) 

My Blog Site -
Success. Wealth & Abundance Blog:
http://www.massivewealthtosuccess.com

Landing page:
http://www.massivewealthtosuccess.com/ebook

Please feel free to give me comments, thoughts and idea on how to improve my site and landing page. 

Look forward to connect with the members here… Cheers!

Regards,
Alexander Ang

Welcome Alex. The force is strong here in the unbounce community, we have a number of really good and helpful people, I hope we can all pitch in to make sure you hit your goals.

I’ve had a look at your lp and gone through the sign up process to see how easy it was. I’d like to throw some feedback out there if I can.

I have some experience in these areas. Ebooks, list building, affiliate offer upsell and then remarketing to your list for increased profits. I’m assuming that’s pretty much your plan. It’s a solid one that’s proven to be effective. Your into neuro linguistic programming so let’s use that to our advantage

I’m just going to keep this mostly about your first landing page not confirmation page

I hope you don’t mind me bullet pointing this, it’s easier on how my brain works.

1. Your headline is a bit long and a little confusing. The word Free gets lost in the black text and the volume of text drowns that usp out. It says half the effort, half of what? It’s unquantifiable at that stage and creates confusion and lacks the reassurance it’s meant for.

2. Visual cues are missing, it’s too text based, no friendly smiling people or flash cars amd houses or at least a couple who look comfortable, maybe throw in a couple with a child looking to secure their families future. Whatever you do you need to portray some happy people or aspirations that will appeal to your audience and break up the text.

3. I know your usp bullet points are phrased in a way that try to capture attention and drive an emotional and materialistic need. From a users perspective I was uncomfortable with the way points 2 and 4 read, I’d rephrase but definitely drop the three dots, …

4. If it were me I’d want to know who you are and what gives you the right to even produce a book like this and claim to be an expert. Don’t go overboard just stick to facts but you need to establish yourself as an authority to show product value even to give something away.

5. Your book won’t download and your video didn’t display once I’d submitted my email address. Could be my phone as signal is bad, just remember people look at these kinds of things spontaneously and your landing page after signed is a bit mundane. Celebrate

Good news is i got the download from your email… I’ve not read it yet, it wasn’t my original intention, but I like the tone of the first couple paragraphs so I might well delve deeper! 🙂

My original message got clipped, I meant, celebrate the fact they have taken their first step to a new life, bells, whistles and positive re-inforcement, you have their interest, now build on their urgency and momentum to really get them to respond to your product offerings. 🙂

Cheers

S.

Hi Stuart, 

Thank you for your feedback! I must say that it is very constructive that’s what I’m looking for! 

It’s very important for me to improve my pages for optimize conversion. 

Please let me keep you updated on the results once I changed some of the suggestion you mentioned. (I think your point are valid! ) 

Regards
Alexander Ang

Welcome Alex - Sorry I’m late to the welcoming party.

What Stuart said - he’s made some fantastic observations. Only things I have to add are;

1. Get a picture of you smiling up somewhere - it ties in with points 2 and 4 from Stuart above. Visual cues - and gives a lead in to introduce yourself and explain why people should buy your book.
  2. When it comes to introducing yourself - make sure you put at least 1 or 2 traceable success stories - when you’re selling success you need to talk about yours - it will certainly add credence and improve conversions.
  3. It might be worth considering (as an experiment possibly) trying to give away the first chapter of the book as a ‘lead magnet’. It means you have an email address - and someone who has already expressed interest - then you can push for the sale on email.

Good luck with it !

Cheers

Amit

Hello Unbounce Community, Hish here!

• Currently on a sabbatical after wrapping up my previous gig as a Market + Sales Analyst at a local (Vancouver) real estate development firm. Taking this time to reflect and research exciting opportunities.

• If I wasn’t, I’d likely be lost somewhere in South East Asia photographing/writing/eating my way through my adventures.

• Can’t think of a favourite, but this recent one made me stop and think. Heineken “Worlds Apart”.

• Dogs are awesome, but cats memes are better. 😸

• “Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

• idios.ca is a personal blog dedicated to the exploration of design and humanity. Linkedin.

If I may, I’d like to share a question I’ve been thinking about over the last 18 months:
How might technology and data shape our environment, and by extension our society, for the better?

Let’s hear some crazy ideas!

As an aside, I’m looking forward to the upcoming Open House!

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hey Hish! Welcome! We’re stoked to have you!

That’s quite the question! In fact, I’m not even going to start getting into that here, I’m going to start a whole new thread for that one - because I love it!

So glad you’ll be at our Open House! Make sure to come say hi if you see someone with red hair wandering around 👋

Definitely taking you up on those Caipirinhas, Rosi! Can’t wait to meet your friends next week at Unbounce HQ. 

Userlevel 3

Happy to have so many Star Wars fans around! I’m a musician too and would love to hear your quartet sing!   ![](https://d2r1vs3d9006ap.cloudfront.net/s3_images/1216189/RackMultipart20150604-10049-1dm6x3r-ezgif.com-add-text 3 inline.gif?1433450458 “Image: https://d2r1vs3d9006ap.cloudfront.net/s3_images/1216189/RackMultipart20150604-10049-1dm6x3r-ezgif.com-add-text__3__inline.gif?1433450458”)

Hello Community!

My name is Melissa and am the People & Culture Administrator at Unbounce! Feeling a little weird because you don’t know much landing pages? Don’t worry, me too. We’re in this together and we’ll become experts together!!

I can tell you I’m definitely a Star Wars gal. Maybe because Star Trek was a bit before my time… 

I AM CAT PERSON. In a big way. Cats just get me, probably because we’re both so fierce.

If you’re into it, you can always find me on LinkedIn and Instagram!!

Thanks chaps great to be here - and yep Barbershop is awesome - would love to be on the other side of the pond - it’s not quite as big here as it is there! 

Great film! Both of them!

Great to see someone else from the UK here ! Good to meet you Stuart !

Hi Amit, always a pleasure to have someone else from our neck of the woods, looking forward to sharing thoughts and ideas 🙂

The bloopers too… Amazing!

Hello there!  

For those of you who I haven’t met yet, I kid you not - Princess IS my real name (thanks to my lovely cousin).  And no, unfortunately, I’m not real royalty. 

Some of you may have “seen” me online at one of our Workshops.  In case we haven’t yet been acquainted, I’m a Marketing Educator here at Unbounce.  What does that mean exactly?  For me, it means running Workshops to help you get the most out of Unbounce.  From showing customers how to use certain features to co-hosting Workshops with industry experts, my goal is to make your marketing life easier and successful. 

Like Tim, I’m more of a DOG person.  One day, I hope to live in the company of a Saint Bernard or a Bernese Mountain dog.

Nice to meet you!  :-) 

Hahahah… all the things gets me every time. Awesome to see you here Jay!

This is one of my favourite gifs. You win!

How many buckets do you think he’s got under there ? It’s like Russian doll - awesome GIF !!!