[Feedback Wanted] Mobile Responsive

• 22 November 2016
  • 60 replies

Show first post

60 replies

Hey @Zane!

Yeah I hear you! That would definitely be an interesting challenge.

-Denise and @Jordana

Hi,
Lots of good suggestions already. I have a really pain, which is more about responsive in general than only mobil responsive.
In Unbounce you can’t let the page depend on the size of elements. E.g. when I put in an iframe, that could end up in different heights I have to set aside the max possible height as space on the Unbounce page both on desktop and mobile.

To be very conrete: Is it possible to make a section which height is dynamic and depends on the content?

Then you would be able to produce an iframe or html element e.g. a list that works both with a few items and a lot of items. The unbounce page (section) would adjust to the need.
Best regards
Lars Rathje

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @Boost_Company,

Due to the way Unbounce landing pages are currently created adjustable height is not something offered out of the box.

It is however possible but requires pretty good knowledge of JavaScript.

My agency has developed a solution for our own clients that monitors and adjusts the height of the page.

Feel free to PM me if a feature like this is crucial to your landing pages.

Best,
Hristian

Thanks a lot Hristian,

We have experimented as well with some scripts, that attack I recall 3 elements and adjusts the heights accordingly. It also has to adjusted per page because of different id’s. Yes, it’s doable, but if you normally are used to webpages with html5 the Unbounce-way feels very fixed.

However if you have a very simple script please publish it here for the benefit of everyone…

Best regards
Lars

Hi @Boost_Company,

Really good point on the vertical and horizontal reflow - I believe it is something that we can potentially do with our current codebase! Thanks for leaving your feedback, I know when I build pages in app, I also want my page sections to know when to expand based on how big my elements are.

-Denise and @Jordana

Wow, glad I found this!

As I’ve said elsewhere, for me this is a deal-breaker really. I was about to convert to Unbounce from Lead Pages after seeing Oli talk at an event earlier in the year.

My Lead Pages membership (annual) is due to expire VERY soon and I was going to make the switch to Unbounce. But the single breakpoint issue is a bad one for me 😦

I understand the need to keep the landing page builder as simple to use as possible, but with the wide range of devices these days, coupled with mobiles with lots of different resolutions, having a single break point is just no good for me.

Also, I don’t think that Unbounce should currently be calling their landing pages ‘Responsive’ as they are not, not really. They are ADAPTIVE, not responsive.

Is it likely that this will have some work done on it soon? I was going to convert to Unbounce, then found out about the single breakpoint issue and was JUST about to ditch the whole idea of switching and renew Lead Pages for another 12 months, but then I saw THIS thread and wonder if there’s a glimmer of hope that something will be sorted in the next 2 or 3 months… Is that likely?

Kudos for this thread by the way, good to see concerns being addressed 🙂

Are there specific sizes that you would like to see?

It would be phenomenal if we could either select from a group of predefined Android and iOS resolutions and/or input our own break points. Apps like Sketch and Adobe XD offer sets of predefined artboard sizes based on the most popular devices, not all of them, and would be a good set of options.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the feedback and I do hope that you’ll still consider using Unbounce as it is already! As you can tell, we’ve got a great community here who are always coming out with new solutions and ideas to make Unbounce a better product.

To answer your question, yes we plan to continue determining how we can improve our mobile responsive experience over the next couple months. The team is currently working on some updates and new features to our text editor, so that will take up the next couple months - I encourage you to take a look at that if you haven’t already!

• Jordana

Thanks for getting back to us on this @Tristan_Ramberg! We will definitely keep it mind when we tackle the actual implementation of the project! : )

-Denise

+1 for Retina. So annoying and wastes so much time having to do the hack…