Redirect as a variant

• 22 March 2016
  • 3 replies

Hi Unbounce gurus,

Relatively new to Unbounce, but how do I setup a redirect as a variant? I want to test performance for a landing page that I created here in Unbounce versus our current page on our live site. I’ll be using conversion pixel tracking on the thank-you page to track results (as well as some parameter passing in the URL if I can).

This was easy in Optimizely, which I’ve used in the past, but can’t figure out how to do that for just a single variant in Unbounce?

Thanks!
Brandon

3 replies

Hi Brandon,

I don’t believe Unbounce supports this right now. Since Unbounce loaded the variants via the same URL in the browser, a redirect solution might not work.

You could raise a support request with the Unbounce team to help you out though. If there is a solution, they would definitely have it.

Thanks Andre,

Unfortunately, it’s not feasible at this time to rebuild the original page in Unbounce. For this A/B, we’re testing 2 very different concepts, which will help decide which to further optimize against.

I’ll take a look at Google Experiments, but does that mean there is not a way in Unbounce to set up a redirect as a page variant?

Appreciate it,
Brandon

Hi Brandon,

You could achieve this by using Google Experiments to do the split test. https://developers.google.com/analytics/solutions/experiments. Google allows you to perform server-side or browser-only experiments to test your changes.

However, I would suggest simply re-creating the original page in Unbounce itself!

If you are going to create a page variation in Unbounce, then most of the page elements would be the same as the original anyway (best practices for A/B testing suggest testing minor changes to correctly measure and attribute the impact of the test).

Cheers.
Andre