Post a new Variant?

I duplicated a variant and want to now publish the edits I made . . . How do I publish variant 2?

I then saved Variant 2, gave it 100% weight, and hit the “publish” button, . . .

but, when I type in the url, I’m still taken to Variant 1. Thoughts?

10 replies

Can you send an email to support@unbounce.com and we’ll take a look the page you’re working with? Sorry for the frustration here Alan…

I’ve tried that. It won’t let me assign weight to it because the first variant is 100% and I can’t edit it.

Hi Alan, we have an outstanding usability issue that we’re hoping to fix soon - You have to make sure your variant has some weight and is published before you can promote it to be the champion.

I have the same problem. I can’t find a promote option nor can I change the weight. I just want to use this variant as my only one.

Thanks

Ha, well, that was easy. Thanks!

So, in that case, you’d just promote your variant 2 to champion. Discarded variants can always be re-introduced as a challenger later if you’d like…

That makes sense . . .

To clarify; I’m not running a 99% v. 1% test, I just want one variant (variant 2, which is currently set to show 99% of the time) as the base variant that I’ll then run my tests off of.

So, basically, at this point, I want variant 2 to show all the time and variant 1 not to show at all (but I’d prefer not to throw it away).

So, that’s what I’d like to do. Do you have any thoughts on how I might go about doing that?

Thanks

Ah, figured that was it. We cookie you and always show the same variant to the same visitor. Otherwise, you couldn’t really run a valid test. What sort of test are you running where you’d still want to keep variant 1 at 1%?

Our getting started video does walk through the basic steps of setting up a test about halfway through…

http://unbounce.com/support/getting-s…

Hey Carl,

Thanks for getting back to me. I did not delete Variant 1; I’d really like to “pause” it as opposed to throwing it away.

I was able to give Variant 2 99% weight, though.

My preference would be to keep Variant 1, but “run” Variant 2.

Do you guys have a tutorial or video on editing and publishing several variants?

I must confess that I didn’t really look, but, if you don’t, from my perspective, this would be useful info.

I’ll shoot a message to support, though.

Thanks,

Mike

Hi Michael, if you send in a request to support, with a link to your page, we can help you out.

That said, did you discard Variant 1 before you tried to give Variant 2 100% weight?