One Landing Page per keyword?

I’m awfully new to this and am going through the ecourse at the moment, and this has raised a question. Do I need to develop a Landing page for each keyword I plan to use in Google ads, for example?

5 replies

Hi Dan,

You don’t need to set up a separate landing page for each keyword if your page content is going to remain the same.

Unbounce has a dynamic text replacement feature which allows you to replace certain words on your landing page based on a URL parameter.

e.g. if you’re using Google AdWords, you can use AdWords’ Dynamic Keyword Insertion (DKI) to pass the keyword that triggered the ad to the landing page URL. You can then dynamically replace the text in the landing page content to use that keyword instead.

This page here will do a better job of explaining what I’m trying to say 🙂

All you’ll need to do is plan your page content so that its grammatically correct and reads properly when a keyword is dynamically inserted in there.

That’s brilliant. Thank you for your answer. 

can you point multiple top level domains to the same landing page?

Dan,

Beyond DTR (dynamic text replacement) when thinking about landing pages for AdWords think about your ad groups. Unless you are using SKAG’s (single keyword adgroups) you want your page to relate to the theme of the ad group.

Often times I will have pages that use the same layout/design but very different images and text based on the theme of the adgroup they are serving.

That is the power/beauty of the Unbounce system. The pages can be duped and modified to meet the needs of AdWords, Facebook ads etc very easily and quickly.

Good luck!

Joe

If we want to do Facebook retargeting, we should create an audience for a custom URL that includes the DTR URL parameters? Is that correct? This way the retargeting campaign is for each keyword/group rather than everyone that visited the template landing page.