My changes will not appear on my new published version!?

• 11 February 2015
  • 17 replies

My changes will not appear on my new published version but does display when I edit and preview it. Please help

17 replies

Hi @Alex,

Thanks for reaching out. Yes, I email the support@unbounce.com and we’re working on the Wordpress right now. We’ll try to fix n wordpress plugin and see if it’ll work. Thank you very much everyone!!

@Jade_Mendoza
(CC @Finge)

Hey Jade! Alex from Unbounce here. There are a few variables (particularly with Wordpress domains!) that might explain why changes you’ve made in the builder are not reaching the published page. I’d love to take a closer look! Would you be able to send over an e-mail to support@unbounce.com? Or if you’d like to message me your e-mail address I can open a support ticket for you.

The most common reason we see this with Wordpress domains are caching plugins. While these are great to make sure your non-Unbounce pages load speedily, they can delay the changes you’ve made in Unbounce from reaching your published URLs. We tend to encourage adding your Unbounce URLs in as exceptions/exclusions for caching plugins.

But we can definitely dig into this more once we’ve connected!

hello tim- besecker

Yaa this this very commom problen…first of all tell me you change in your website pages or any post.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Seems to be accurate there. I think perhaps you need to reach out to Unbounce technical support for this one. Sorry I was not able to solve it 🙈

ohhh !! Here’s the screenshot. Thank youuu!!!

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Go to your page overview and share a screenshot of that 😉

Here’s the preview.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Can you share a screenshot of the page overview? Including where the URL is specified?

Thank you very much for helping me Finge. I already try duplicating the variant but still got the same issue. For the wordpress, yes I am using an old wordpress page and using the same domain from that page. The other page that I made was fine. However, with this one, I am not sure what happened.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hang on, when I check the source code for https://www.etoncollege.ca/business-management I am seeing the code for a Wordpress page, not an Unbounce page.

Are you using the Wordpress plugin for your domain? In that case if you use /business-management/ on your Unbounce page it SHOULD replace the same URL for Wordpress. In any case, can you try and change the URL for that Wordpress page?

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

I am not able to access your preview-link as that requires access to your Unbounce account. I am also seeing the old versjon published on your link.

Is this variant A of the page? What if you try and duplicate the page variant, disable the original variant and republish?

Hi Finge,
Thanks for replying back. I tried your solution however, it’s not working either. Here the link:

Preview Link: https://app.unbounce.com/3691351/pages/8e7f8dca-fa4f-43f0-9fc2-c8065f8e191f/preview?variant_id=230038251

NEW VERSION (Link should display this)

OLD VERSION

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Jade_Mendoza, welcome to the community 😊

I have had the same issue lately too, it’s nothing I have seen until these last couple of weeks though.

As a workaround you can trick the browser to force refresh by adding “?k” or something to the URL. Like this www.yoururl.com/landingpage/?k

Experienced the same issue. I already clear my cache, cookies, did a hard refresh but still changes not appearing on my new published version. Don’t know the reason why… please help 🙂

Agreed, is there a snippet of code to place on the page to force end users browser and network to reload all assets on a page?

Hi Quinn,

That’s a great fix for somebody who’s updating and using unbounce as a business-person, but what about the user?

They’re not going to be asked to clear their cache to see the most updated unbounce content… that is not a viable solution.

-Tseren

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hey Tim - I had a look at your most recently published page and it matches the version in the editor, so it sounds like this may be a caching issue. Can you try clearing your browser cache and reloading the page? If that doesn’t work, there is a chance that your office’s network is caching the page, so if you can connect via a different network and check there, that would confirm whether it’s a network caching issue.

If both of those things aren’t working or if it’s a different page, can you send us an email at support@unbounce.com and confirm which page you’re seeing this issue on?