MailChimp data in Unbouce

• 23 May 2011
  • 5 replies

How can I show the number of Entries on a Mailing List from MailChimp on an Unbounce page?

5 replies

How about just adding a plausible number? You can do that with no programming! Is there some specific value you get from showing a truly “live” number of subscribers?

Hey Martin! Yup, that’s the basic idea. I’m sure there are other approaches, but this one seems pretty straightforward…

When a solution has been established, can someone post it here? I could see the value in using this tactic to provide social proof.

Hi Carl! I haven’t been programming for a while. It means I need to run for instance a PHP program on a separate server and have JS get the resulting value into the page. Correct?

Hi Martin! That would require a bit of programming on your part. You’d have to create a server-side script that would pull the value you wanted from MailChimp (likely using their “lists” function: http://apidocs.mailchimp.com/1.3/lists.func.php). You could then add some Javascript to your Unbounce page that would pull and use that value…