Installing Facebook tracking pixel to measure email form submissions?

• 29 January 2014
  • 36 replies

Show first post

36 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi Marcilio - Facebook has a Chrome Extension called Facebook Pixel Helper that you can use to check if the pixel is firing correctly. You can get more info, including instructions about how to run the checks and the link to add the extension here.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hey Everyone - Just to clarify, because there’s some confusion in this thread, the Facebook Tracking Pixel should now be placed in the head of your page, as per Facebook’s instructions.

When they first rolled out tracking, we were getting reports that it was firing intermittently and moving it before the end body tag gave the page time to load. Since then, something’s changed on Facebook’s end and it works as per their instructions.

I have multiple Facebook Ad Sets targeting different audiences. In this case, do I have a Facebook pixel for each audience and then copy/paste multiple pixels on the confirmation page? Or is it best practice to have just have 1 Facebook pixel to rule them all? – Thanks so much!

Now I am confused. Which dropdown? Head or Before Body End Tag as instructed higher up in the thread?

Hi Keith, 
Set the  placement  _to:  _Head _

That should do it!

Hi!

If want to place the new FB Pixel on ALL pages, can I simply go to Settings > Script Manager , or do I need to insert the pixel manually on every single page and variant?

thank you

Just a question, Facebook says that the Pixel conversion must be on “Thank You” page, so for me is on the Form confirmation dialog. If i insert the script on the “Form confirmation dialog” it appears also on the page. So, Facebook consider a conversion each print of the page and also of the form and the optimization is not correct.

How i can show only the script on the confirmation form dialog?

@Eric
You’ll can use script manager, but you’ll want to insert the script on all  form confirmation dialogues _, not all pages. 

@David,
You’re right, it should only be on the Form Confirmation dialogue. If you’ve only published it there, you shouldn’t be seeing it on your main landing page as well. If you’re running into issues with this one, feel free to reach out to our support team so we can dig in directly: support@unbounce.com

We’ve put it only in the confirmation dialog. The thing is that it’s saying it takes too long to load it (something like 20s). Why? Because it’s counting the time from filling the form. How do I track it once the send button was clicked?

I’m having the exact same issue.  Please advise.