Feature Request: Upload files into form

• 7 April 2014
  • 9 replies

Hi!

Is there a way to create an “upload” button? In other words, I would like visitors to have the option to upload documents (.doc, .pdf, etc.). Is there a way thru the buttons or is this done through the code somehow?

Thanks!

9 replies

Hey John - the ability to allow your customers to upload files via an Unbounce page is on our product roadmap.

In the meantime, you may want to check out http://www.uploadthingy.com/. You’d create your upload and then paste in the embed code in your Unbounce page with our
Custom HTML placeholder widget. Could that work for you?

Thanks Lou!

I looked into the uploadthingy and from a functionality perspective it works!

However, it doesn’t really allow much flexibility from a formatting perspective (i.e., doesn’t really fit w/ my current design / landing page).

As such, is there another 3rd party provider like uploadthingy that you know of that have same functionality w/ customization abilities?

Thanks!

Dropbox and Google Drive also provide an API that supports uploading documents. It sounds like you have unique needs. You might get better results if you’re able to describe what kind of customization needs you have.

Thanks for chiming in Brian - as always, you’re awesome.

And John - thanks for the prompt feedback! One of the reason’s I like uploadthingy is you can still use it with Unbounce forms, so you’re not sacrificing anything. That being said, I can certainly understand it’s not very flexible from a formatting perspective!

In addition to Brian’s helpful points, I’d also like to mention, if you’re looking for an alternative you may want to explore a form builder such as wufoo.com. You can drop their embed code in our Custom HTML Placeholder widget. Just remember, if you’re using a third party form you’ll want to use our External Conversion Tracking script - that way form submissions can still be tracked!

Hope that helps!

Thanks for chiming in Brian - as always, you’re awesome.

And John - thanks for the prompt feedback! One of the reason’s I like uploadthingy is you can still use it with Unbounce forms, so you’re not sacrificing anything. That being said, I can certainly understand it’s not very flexible from a formatting perspective!

In addition to Brian’s helpful points, I’d also like to mention, if you’re looking for an alternative you may want to explore a form builder such as wufoo.com. You can drop their embed code in our Custom HTML Placeholder widget. Just remember, if you’re using a third party form you’ll want to use our External Conversion Tracking script - that way form submissions can still be tracked!

Hope that helps!

Hi!

I have the same problem and now I would like to try it with “uploadthingy”, which seems to be sufficient for me.

But, when I asked for the code it said to me “Ooops. This domain has already been registered and that was not the correct password.”

In the field “Domain it will live on” I put “[www.unbouncepages.com/(my](http://www.unbouncepages.com/(my) link)/”

Can somebody help me?

THANKS 🙂

Lou, with the uploadthingy, it asked for the domain. When I tried to use unbounce.com, it said it was already in use.

Would I need to use a custom domain with unbounce to be able to use uploadthingy or any of the other alternatives?

you can use creator to develop a the form you need and then embbed html into unbounce

http://onlinedatabase.creatorscripts…

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi Mike - I believe uploadthingy is limited by domain, so you will have to use a custom domain. I believe Wufoo and 123 Contact Forms also let you create upload forms and aren’t limited by domain, but I would definitely recommend setting one up regardless. Typically, a domain that aligns with your landing page content and branding improves conversions and you’ll need a custom domain for any Google Adwords ads as well.

I see you’re on a trial of our Pro99 plan now, so you do get a custom domain connection included with that account.