Double Opt In Mail with Unbounce

• 21 January 2020
  • 5 replies

Hello,

we here in Germany must comply with the DSGVO (RGPD). This means that each user who gives his name and e-mail, for example in exchange for a white paper, must receive an e-mail containing a confirmation link. Only after clicking on this link should he or she receive the whitepaper.

My question: Is there any other way than the integration of Mailchimp to solve this problem? Does Unbounce itself have corresponding functions?

Thanks a lot
Dirk

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @diko,

Since Unbounce doesn’t send out emails to your leads, you’ll have to handle this with your preferred email marketing platform (ex. MailChimp).

You can set up MailChimp to send out the double-opt-in email by default to any email subscribers to a particular email list or an audience as MailChimp calls now lists.

Best,
Hristian

Hi, Hristian,
thank you for your answer.

We are currently using the solution with Mailchimp. Unfortunately we are very unhappy with it.

Is there possibly other software that can be used for this purpose?

Greetings Dirk

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Pretty much any email marketing software offers this so it really comes down to finding a software that you are happy with.

Of course, there are probably 100 email marketing companies out there so start by picking one that works for your particular use case.

After that you can use Zapier to shuttle leads data from Unbounce to it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Personally, I use ActiveCampaign and have been very happy with it. They offer double opt-in features. Here’s an article for how to set it up without a form: https://www.activecampaign.com/learn/videos/how-to-enable-double-opt-in-without-a-form

Regards,

Hi,

I’m gonna go check out ActiveCampaign. My problem with Mailchimp: you can’t make the e-mail look reasonable. So we lose quite a lot of leads, because they do not click the confirmation link…

Regards Dirk