[How-to] Create a Collapsible Page Section

Show first post

105 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hey @Andi1!

Thanks for biting! I’ll bite back. 🙂

Honestly, the critical feedback is just as, if not more important than all the positive feedback. As much as we’d like to put sticky notes of all the praise we receive on our walls, those won’t help us to build a better product.

In regards to this, sadly, there are only so many things that our team of Product Builders can be responsible for at a time - without compromising the quality of each new feature. We’ve released this workaround in hopes that it will allow users to add Collapsible Page Sections where they’re needed, and buy our Product Builders some time while they work on their current projects.

I won’t hurl statistics at you, as each case is totally unique and sometimes a Collapsible Page Section is a must-have in a landing page (especially FAQ sections).

I totally hear you, and that’s exactly why our Tips & Scripts exist - for both novice and experienced Unbounce users. Plus we have our @Unbounce-Experts who are never afraid to help out some less code-savvy customers.

I’ll be passing this feedback on to our Product team, which may help influence their decisions for which features they’ll be working on in the near future.

Thanks for chiming in here, Andi, keep the feedback coming! ✌️

I’m going to bite here. Viewer discretion advised.

This has to be one of the most lacking inbuilt features for unbounce. It’s the reason I had to buy Thrive Themes and begin systematically transferring my landing pages across.

Collapsible page sections and text should be inbuilt. It’s a feature that should be as simple as placing text into the landing page. Every time I have mentioned this to the unbounce team they redirect me to some bogus study that landing pages convert better without a collapsible FAQ section, which is complete rubbish because the study didn’t take into account if it’s information that’s only relevant to some people. Collapsible sections should be the next inbuilt feature release. Most ppl who use unbounce aren’t developers and they’re definitely not going to pay someone $1000 to implement scripts to make up for these shortfalls/oversights in development. We need intuative features on demand from the right hand editor.

Thanks so much for sharing this! We’ve been looking for an easy workaround like this for a while now!

Badge

Love it! So useful! I know just how I’m gonna use it! 😎

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@Noah this script is 💣 !!!