Workshop: My top 3 takeaways from the "Learn from an Unbounce power user: Disruptive Advertising's CEO shares tips and tricks" Workshop

Hey hey!  

This past Tuesday, June 30th, we were pleased to welcome Jacob Baadsgaard, CEO and Founder of Disruptive Advertising, as a guest speaker at our Workshop.  As an Unbounce power user for over two years, he shared with us his tips and tricks for pumping out successful campaigns using landing pages for various clients.  

Here are my top 3 takeaways from this action-packed Workshop:

1. SSL is not just an accessory - it’s a necessity for survival in the internet wilds. These days, over half of people check for security indicators on web pages before they’ll exchange contact information in a contact form, so you need to appeal to this type of security-conscious visitor with your landing pages. These folks are looking for security indicators that come with SSL Ð Secure Sockets Layer Ð like the green padlock icon in the address bar, for example. Your visitors are far more likely to believe you’re a legitimate, credible business if you have these indicators in place. For more info on how SSL contributes to your credibility (and higher conversions), see this post

2. Third party integrations such as Marketo not only allow for seamless marketing, but they can also help reduce your churn rates.  Most marketers and salespeople try to close the sale right from the get-go. The thing is…not all of your visitors will be ready to seal the deal the first time that they meet you. It’s like dating - you need to court them first before they fall head over heels. In this case, you need to nurture your leads before they become your customers. Using Unbounce landing pages to collect your leads and push them into Marketo contact records allows you to score and nurture leads more effectively. Based on the interactions that you previously had with your leads and where they are in the sales funnel, you can create custom experiences for them to continue to stay involved with your brand.  An example of this is an email sequence, which enables you to stay in front of your leads with the right message based on how they came to you and how they interacted with you.  As a result, when they’re ready to make a purchase, you’ll be the first one that they’ll think about (or if the time’s right, they’ll have an email to click on to take the relationship to the next level).  So as you can see, a smart integration like Marketo definitely helps! 

3. I’ve been pronouncing Baadsgaard correctly - WOOT!   :D

What about you - what are your top 3 takeaways?  Do you have any unanswered questions from the Workshop? Maybe something agency-specific? Post below or forever hold your peace…

In case you missed it, click here to check out the recording.

3 replies

Enjoyed this webinar, Princess!  Great job 🙂

Keep 'em coming,

Joe

Thanks Joe - glad you liked it!  Let me know if there are other topics that you’d like to see covered in a Workshop.  :)  

I’ll keep you posted, Princess!  🙂