Why can't I edit % traffic in my variant?

• 20 July 2010
  • 4 replies

Trying to launch a variant test. Variant appears to be published, but I cannot assign traffic to it. I enter the % and when I click away, save, etc it resets to zero. Same with renaming the variant title. What am I missing? thanks

4 replies

Hi Greg, are you hitting the “Enter” key after you change the value of the traffic % or the variant name? Clicking away will cancel the change (something we’ve had others express frustration with so we’ll be making that more intuitive in the future).

Carter,

Thanks for the response, and hitting “enter” is exactly the issue. I did eventually figure it out, but would add my voice to making a little tweak to that input experience. Since a mouse click is how one opens the fields, an option for a mouse click “input is done” element (along with hitting enter) would make it a bit better in my opinion. j

Thanks again,
Greg

Hi Greg, definitely agree with you there - thanks for the feedback! Glad things are working for you now.

Carter

HI,
I am hitting enter, the thingie “thinks” (a circle rolls) but then jumps back to 0%! Why? What am I doing wrong? (I am using chrome)