What are the limits of the Free Plan (not free trial)?

• 26 February 2014
  • 7 replies

I can’t seem to find this. What’s the difference between the free plan and the cheapest non-free plan?

7 replies

Userlevel 3

Hey Dan - A free plan is only recommended to explore the app and page builder. Your limited in many aspects, mainly being you can’t add a custom domain (the pages will be held under unbouncepages.com) and you only have a total visitor limit of 200. Your pages will also be branded with an Unbounce footer.

The starter ($49/month) plan has a total visitor limit of 5000 and allows you to use custom domains. Any unbounce branding can be removed from your pages.

For further details on the difference between the level of subscriptions checkout our pricing page below:

http://go.unbounce.com/pricing/

Thanks, Johnny.

So just to be clear, is that 200 unique visitors per month or 200 unique visitors ever? The other plans are defined in monthly terms so I’m not sure which this is. And since the pricing page doesn’t have a fourth column, I have a question about this Free Plan for each row of the table.

Custom Domain…No
No Unbounce Branding footer…No
Price per Month …$0
Unique Visitors per Month…200 (per month or ever?)
Landing Pages & A/B Split Tests…?
80+ Landing Page Templates …?
Multi User Features …?

and I assume the other ones are No for the free plan because they’re No for the cheapest paid plan.

Userlevel 3

Hey Dan

The first four rows on your table are correct. The 200 limit is per month. This is a accumulated sum of all your landing page visitors together.

As for the last three rows. You do have to ability to run AB tests , and have access to the landing page templates. However you do not get any multi user features.

Hey Dan - to add to Johnny’s helpful points, I also wanted to chime in and stress the free option isn’t really a plan, think of it more as a demo account.

It’s there so you can kick the tires and see if Unbounce is for you. If you’re ready to embark on your marketing campaigns you’ll want to upgrade to a Free 30 Day Trial. The reason being, if you’re running any kind of marketing, Google requires you use your own domain, the the unbouncepages.com URL we provide is really just for testing. Hope that helps!

Hey Dan - to add to Johnny’s helpful points, I also wanted to chime in and stress the free option isn’t really a plan, please think of it more as a demo account.

It’s there so you can kick the tires and see if Unbounce is for you. If you’re ready to embark on your marketing campaigns it’s super important you upgrade to a Free 30 Day Trial. The reason being, if you’re running any kind of marketing, Google requires you use your own domain, the unbouncepages.com URL we provide is really just for testing. If you use the unbouncepages.com URL, your pages won’t be searchable and you can’t do Paid Search. With a Custom Domain, you can aok. Hope that helps!

I’m curious if we’re able to use Google analytics on the free (demo) account. I’m assuming no, that a custom url is required to be able to install. Thanks for your help. 

Hey Dan,

Welcome to the Unbounce community and congrats on giving it a try.  As a customer, I can tell you that I was initially hesitant to make the jump from free to paid. 

Reality is that if you are serious about creating and controlling your landing pages so that you can have the highest conversion rates, without the headaches of IT, then you should.

In the free demo your URL will show as unbouncepages.com/… which is sketchy to PPC visitors and I am sure negatively impacts conversion rates. 

That said, if I can be of any help through the learning curve let me know!  I’m confident you will be glad you took the leap.

Cheers,

Joe