"Treat As Mobile Page" - what does it do?

• 12 June 2013
  • 6 replies

The latest release (6.11.13, I think) added a new checkbox to the page editor, “Treat as mobile page”

What does this do? Is it just to add the CSS viewport stuff, or are there other changes?

6 replies

Hey Andrew - good catch

“Treat as Mobile” automatically adds some mobile specific metadata to the page:

This makes sure the page stretches to the mobile device’s width and that it’s zoomed appropriately.

We’re putting together a proper article to explain this feature but in the mean time, I hope this helps.

Thanks for clarifying. I figured that was it, but I could see how the checkbox might be confusing for some. It could be interpreted as “make this a mobile landing page” which is not entirely accurate. Maybe a tooltip could help explain the effects?

Totally agreed. We’re going to be re-evaluating this and making the label less misleading (along with a tooltip like you say.) Thanks for the feedback Andrew!

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Ok Ryan, so this means the zoom script previously present on mobile pages is no longer needed?

Hey Finge - If you’ve already added the viewport metadata then you can leave your pages as they are. Going forward, you can just check this box instead of having to copy/paste the viewport metadata in.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Thanks!