Text Inside a Form Field

• 14 June 2016
  • 2 replies

I’m looking to add text to a field in a form I’m using. It is for the Contest Rules of the sweepstakes the page is promoting. Unfortunately, the rules are extremely long. Can you add text to a field inside a form?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi Christian, if you’re trying to add “placeholder” text to a form field, you can certainly do that. Some people use this in place of form labels, because it usually looks cleaner. To do that, here’s the steps: http://documentation.unbounce.com/hc/en-us/articles/203799174-Adding-and-Editing-Form-Fields#content…

However, you mentioned it’s really long, so are you sure you want to add the text inside a form? Why not just set up the rules as a separate page, and then have a checkbox that says “I agree to the rules, etc.” and link to the rules page on that line? Maybe I don’t understand exactly what you’re trying to do, but let us know and we will certainly try to help!

Regards,

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi Christian, 

Nicholas is correct that you can have field labels inside the actual field.
However, as he pointed out this shouldn’t be used for contest rules or for that matter anything other than the actual field label. 

You can also use a lightbox popup to host your contest rules instead of a separate page. 

Anyway, if you give us a bit of clarification on what you are trying to achieve, we’ll most probably be able to point you in the right direction. 

Best,
Hristian