Something I'd LOVE to see...Change Tracking with Conversion Data

I would love to be able to see conversion tracking data based on changes made to landing pages. Its great that I can go ahead and make changes, and make variants of pages for A/B testing. But I’d love to be able to see a change log, with accompanying metrics. So if I f&*k something up, I could go and “undo” all the changes later. 

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi Frantz, 

Even now you can get a pretty decent data out of your A/B testing efforts. 

Unbounce shows you a basic overview of how your variant or variants perform against the original.

In order to dig deeper into the data, all you have to do is push your landing page data to a 3rd party tool like Google Analytics. There, you can start breaking it down further, analyze, hypothesise and come up with new tests. 

If your test is a “failure”, you can easily assign all of the traffic to your last known well-performing variant/original. Go back to the drawing board and come up with new hypothesis. 

• Ideally, you are writing down notes to go along with your variations. I recommend using a tool like Trello. A board there, allows you to create a process that is visual and easy to track. 

• Tracking your tests, through a Trello board also allows you to keep everything in one place for easy reference. 

• Ideally, you are testing one change (or a few related but smaller changes) at a time so you can isolate the impact of these changes. 

Best,
Hristian

Trello is a great idea! Never thought of using it for recording changes. Thanks 😛