Replacing our website with an Unbounce page

• 1 February 2016
  • 0 replies

Hi,

We are in the process of updating our corporate website… but in the meantime we would like to replace our existing 3-page website with one (much more focused) Unbounce page. 

We currently have a page using a subdomain (try.mycompany.com), which we’ll continue to use for our landing pages connected to different campaigns. Now we would like to create a page for our main domain (which is currently occupied by a custom built site) at www.mycompany.com.

Here’s my plan: 

1. Add a new domain for www.mycompany.com to our unbounce account. (I’m assuming that each domain or subdomain counts as a separate domain.)
  2. Edit the CNAME record for www.mycompany.com to point to unbouncepages.com per  http://documentation.unbounce.com/hc/en-us/articles/203661044-Mapping-Your-Landing-Page-Domain-CNAME...
  3. Create new page to use www.mycompany.com domain.

Question: 
Is there anything tricky related to updating our main domain to point to an unbounce page? There are a few few backlinks pointing to our domain, but none of the sub-pages. Additionally, we’re not worried about SEO because our current page doesn’t rank very well. Our unbounce landing page is more concise and more focused than our old site – thus the update. 

Any gotchas I need to look out for the conversion from custom-built site to unbounce page on existing domain?
Thanks!
-David

0 replies

Be the first to reply!