Pre-Populated Cursor

• 22 June 2011
  • 7 replies

I just read an article about landing page optimization on SeoMoz today and they had a couple of good ideas. For one to pre-populate the cursor. The cursor would automatically blink in the first field we want people to fill. This would be a great addition to Unbounce.

7 replies

Hey Viktoria,
You’re in luck! I wrote an article about how to accomplish this a little while ago, check it out here: http://support.unbounce.com/entries/2…

We’ll likely incorporate this feature into the core editor at some point in the future. From a usability standpoint - be careful not to do this if the first form field on the page is likely “below the fold” as it will make the user’s browser automatically scroll down and they’ll miss your heading.

Cheers,
Carter

it’s perfect. Thanks

Hey Carter, Has this been added to the core editor? I’ve never seen it before

If not, I’d love to see your article but the link is broken.

Thanks

Linkie no workie

Userlevel 7

Hey all, you should be able to accomplish this with a little bit of jquery.

On my own page, I placed the script below in my javascript section with placement ‘Before Body End Tag’: 

&nbsp;<br />&nbsp; $(function(){<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; $("#zipcode").focus();<br />&nbsp; }); <br />

Once the above is added, the cursor focus is automatically placed on the zipcode form field when my page is loaded.

Give this a try with your own form fields and let me know how it goes!

Userlevel 7

Posting this again to make sure you see it!

Hey all, you should be able to accomplish this with a little bit of jquery.

On my own page, I placed the script below in my javascript section with placement ‘Before Body End Tag’: 

&nbsp;<br />&nbsp; $(function(){<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; $("#zipcode").focus();<br />&nbsp; }); <br />

Once the above is added, the cursor focus is automatically placed on the zipcode form field when my page is loaded.

Give this a try with your own form fields and let me know how it goes!

This is pretty handy. Tips & Scripts worthy? 😉