Pre-Fill Forms on User's Browser?

• 3 March 2018
  • 3 replies

Yesterday, I went to a site that had a form on it, and the fields for my name, email address, City and State were already filled in with my info. Does anyone know how they might have done that? I looked at the page code and it was built with another LP builder product.

It’s possible I may have visited one of their sites before and filled in a form with that info, so they may have the info stored somewhere.

Would there be a way to do that in Unbounce?

3 replies

Hello Philip,

Couple of ways…

Firstly, see this post:

Secondly, you can pre-pop the fields by passing information in the URL. For example if you send an email to a prospect you can insert their name into the link.

Unbounce will pre-pop any form field if the name of the field is included as a parameter in the URL.

For example if you have a form field named ‘namexyz’ and then used this link: https://xyzlandingpage.com?namexyz=Philip

This would pre-pop the name field with Philip.

Alex:

Thanks, man - that’s awesome.

So I implemented that and it works - partially… the regular text fields repopulate but strangely the email and phone fields don’t. Any idea why that would be?

Hi Phillip,

You mean using this method:?

[How-to] Auto-fill Form Fields using Local Storage

If yes, i can’t really help any further - i haven’t used this or looked into it too much.

But I expect if you post your question that thread, someone will be able to advise / help.

If you mean when passing in the url - let me know - i may be able to help! 🙂