Pass Button Link Information to Form

I have a landing page with real estate properties. Each property has a button link to request more information that sends the user to the sign up form.  Is it possible to pass the the information on each button selected so that the form is pre filled with the property selected?

4 replies

Hi Veronica,

Yes, it is possible.  You can do it by using URL parameters, we do this all the time.

The only thing you need to know is the field label you want to pre-populate.

For example:

Your form landing page: www.my.form.properties.com

Your URL to a specific property: www.my.form.properties.com_/?field_label=propertydetails&field_label2=propertydetails2_

If you give me one of your field labels I can make an example that you can test.

You can find more about URL parameters here.

Let me know if this was helpful.

Thanks,
Simao

Spot on, Simao! 

Simao,

Thank you for your quick reply and help!  I looked at the documentation link you provided, but I still need a little help.  

I have attached a screenshot.  At the moment, the link has a scroll script to scroll to the sign up form.  I need to keep this function and to populate the property information on the sign up form.

Hi Veronica,

I had in mind that you were leading the user to another page that had a form. (this might be the best option)

I’m not sure that URL parameters can work on anchor links in Unbounce but according to this article in Stack Overflow they can. 

So imagine that you want to pass the property information to a form you have at that anchor point (your scroll to link).

This is the link you should place on the highlighted box:

#Ip-pom-box-41?field_label=fieldvalue

This is a more specific example if you wanted to pass the floor area on the first property box to the form, and that field label was floor_area this would be the link you would use.

#Ip-pom-box-41?floor_area=65sqm

Hope this helps Veronica.

Thanks,

Simao