Mailchimp Integration is Here!

Hello Folks - I’m happy to announce that integration with email marketing and email list manager Mailchimp is here!

From now on you can set up Unbounce to automatically send your leads to any of your Mailchimp email lists.

A link to the feature can be found in the “Lead Gen Form Results” area of any page details screen (see attached image.)

Give it a spin and let us know what you think!

13 replies

This feature is great, but I’d like to send lead data to Mailchimp without sending an email to the lead. Currently I’m required to either send a welcome message or opt-in via Mailchimp.

This is because in addition to Mailchimp, I also use a Flowtown campaign that handles the initial email response to leads, making the email from Mailchimp redundant. I’ve had to disable the Mailchimp integration because of this.

Hey ckalima,
This is currently due to a request from MailChimp as they are pretty strict about preventing spam. When adding emails through the API (as opposed to using an actual MailChimp provided form) we’re required to send either the double opt-in ‘confirmation email’ or at the very least a ‘welcome email’. We realize that this is less-than-ideal for users like yourself who legitimately don’t need the email to be sent at all.

We will be making some all-around improvements to our MailChimp integration in the future and if we can get around this issue I’ll be sure to update this thread.

Cheers,
Carter

I am loving the confirmation- it actually addresses some of the other concerns about bad leads before (but I do still want to be able to remove them from my stats… )

Anyway, my question for this thread is, does the confirm email have to come from unbounce, or can that be customized.

Thanks all:)

Hey Adam, both the ‘confirmation’ and ‘welcome’ emails that can be sent will come from MailChimp. You can edit the contents of them by logging into your MailChimp account, go to the “Lists” tab, and choose “forms” for one of your lists. Here you’ll see a dropdown menu for “forms & response emails” which will let you edit the content for each possible email that they send on your behalf. “Opt-in Confirmation Email” and “Final ‘Welcome’ Email” are the two that are being used for new leads.

Hope that helps!

Hey Adam, both the ‘confirmation’ and ‘welcome’ emails that can be sent will come from MailChimp. You can edit the contents of them by logging into your MailChimp account, go to the “Lists” tab, and choose “forms” for one of your lists. Here you’ll see a dropdown menu for “forms & response emails” which will let you edit the content for each possible email that they send on your behalf. “Opt-in Confirmation Email” and “Final ‘Welcome’ Email” are the two that are being used for new leads.

Hope that helps!

i was able to edit the content, but not the FROM - which, still comes from unbounce, not mailchimp - should i forward a copy of the email i am receiving?

Hmm that’s weird. When you go to “settings” -> “List name and defaults” for your MailChimp List, what is your ‘Default “From Name”’ set to?

Forward your email to support@unbounce.com and just mention that it’s for Carter, I will take a look.

nope! thats on me:) i had named the list UNBOUNCE so it took that as the default FROM name… its fixed now- love it (sorry for my error)

ahh makes sense! no worries, glad it’s working the way you expected now!

We just made the switch to MailChimp, and are sending some of our Unbounce campaigns to our new list. We are using the ‘groups’ feature in MailChimp to track how our subscribers opt-in. Is there a way to have data sent from Unbounce integrate with our Groups? I tried using a Hidden Field in our Forms, but that doesn’t seem to be working.

Hi Enrique - you’re not the only one to ask about MailChimp groups integration and it’s something we plan on looking into. No ETA yet, but we’ll update this thread when we know more so you’ll be notified.

Hey - I just integrated Mailchimp and have a related question:

• Do email confirmations (whether Welcome or Opt-in) get sent automatically as soon as you start to import existing leads from Unbounce to Mailchimp? Or do I have to go into Mailchimp and create these confirmations manually? I
    And how does the system work when new leads are created, and then sent to Mailchimp?

Hey there - yes, the welcome or double-opt in (whichever you’ve selected) is sent immediately by MailChimp once the lead is added to your MailChimp account. There’s no need to create these confirmations manually. When a new lead is added MailChimp, it’s all taken care of for you.