Link button to an email address

• 31 October 2013
  • 4 replies

HI, I insert a contact form in my landing page but I can’t link the preset button to an email adress. How can I do that?

4 replies

Userlevel 3

Hi Clinique - Just to clarify - Did you want to link a button to an email address so it triggers a new email message? Or did you want have your form send the leads to a mailbox as they come in?

If it’s the former, you should be able to do this by setting the button url to mailto:youremail@address.com

As for setting your form to send you leads, this is actually done outside the page builder and within the page overview. See the screenshot below for further clarification.

http://screencast.com/t/a25AOetck

Hi Johnny,

I tried by setting the button url to mailto but when I try to fill in the form, then it opens outlook or other and I don’t think everyone got this possibility. Also, the message is unreadable.

I don’t understand what you mean by “send you leads”. That means that when peolpe fill in the form and click the button, that send me an alert and I can come and see the answers? I’m sorry but I don’t speak english very well so I don’t understand evrything.

Just another question. I wanted to try my first campaign before buy an account on unbounce. Is it possible or can’t we publish any landing page with a trial account? If I update my account, will my landing page be safe?

Thank you for answering.

Userlevel 3

Hi Clinique - No worries! I’ll try to be as clear as possible.

Your correct about “send you leads”. The alert we send you is an email with all the information the visitor filled out on your form.

For for the “mailto” method I mentioned, you can just ignore it. You wouldn’t use this for what your trying to accomplish.

As for your new question: Your currently on a free account. You can publish your pages, but only under our domain which is unbouncepages.com. This may be a problem if you plan to use your pages with Google Adwords. As an alternative, you could try upgrading to one of our paid subscriptions. When you upgrade to a subscription you get your first 30-days free!

I hope that makes sense Clinique. Let me know if you need further clarification.

And if we want to use any other instructions with mailto: such as subject and/or body, is that possible? Tia