Solved

Lightbox slow speed

• 22 August 2020
  • 4 replies

Hi everyone,
I am new to Unbounce and I notice that the lightbox takes approximately 3-4 seconds to load. Is it normal? Is there anything I can do to speed it up to improve user experience?

Thank you

icon

Best answer by Jess 25 August 2020, 21:11

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @vutuanminh 👋 welcome to the community!

Sorry it took me a few days to respond here, I wanted to make sure there weren’t any issues going on that I didn’t know about. Here’s what I’ve been able to gather:

Lightboxes shouldn’t be loading slowly unless you’re loading it with a lot of content, this is similar to landing pages - try reducing the content and image sizes on the lightbox, that might speed it up a bit. One thing we do know for sure is that lightboxes may be slower if they’re on a WordPress domain. That’s unfortunately something that’s more of a limitation.

^ The latter, is just because of the nature of our WordPress plugin and I don’t have a workaround for that. That being said, if you’re willing, and have spare popups, you can try using popups instead of lightboxes? They load quite a bit faster.

Hope this helps a bit!

-Jess

Badge +3

Piggybacking on Jess here, optimize the heck out your images. https://imagecompressor.com/ does a great job, and make sure they’re size appropriately (i.e., not a 3000x3000px image that Unbounce is sizing down to 200x200px on the fly).

Thanks for sharing this useful info

Good!