Is This Message Normal When Waiting for a CNAME Transfer?

I’m using HostGator, which uses cpanel. I’ve went into Advanced DNS and changed the CNAME for the www. subdomain to unbounce.com (trying to add it through Simple DNS was saying it was in use).

Now the page www.synergenixlabs.com is telling me:

“The requested URL / was not found on this server.”

I know the CNAME transfer can take up to 48 hours, but I want to make sure everything is correct so I’m not wasting time waiting on something that’s configured incorrectly.

So, is that message normal while waiting on  CNAME change, or has something gone wrong?

Thanks in advance!

3 replies

Hi Amir, It should be unbouncepages.com not unbounce.com.

Also it’s not the www you should be changing unless you want your landing pages to be in the root if your domain. Most people use an actual sub domain like landingpages.synergenixlabs.com or pages.synergenixlabs.com, those are just examples you can have whatever you want before the first full stop as long as its all alphanumeric.

Hope that helps a bit.

Stuart

Hey there Amir!

It looks like the domain, www.synergenixlabs.com is working. The reason you are seeing the “The requested URL / was not found on this server.” error is because there is no Unbounce page currently published to that domain.

If you have any questions feel free to send us an email at support@unbounce.com