I'm lost with dynamic text

• 11 July 2014
  • 1 reply

I am so lost with dynamic text…

1. What do I need to do on the adwords end?

2. Besides adding dynamic text to the landing page what else do I need to do to make it work?

The video tutorials were definitely not meant for beginners who know almost nothing about code…

1 reply

Hi Bart!

Sorry to hear you’re lost with Dynamic Text. I’m happy to help guide you out of the DTR jungle!

If you want to use Dynamic Text Replacement with Google AdWords, you’ll want to also be using AdWords’ own Keyword Insertion Tool.

In your AdWords account, you insert a special piece of code into your ad text. For example let’s say you’re running a campaign to advertise your “Luxury Vacation Retreat” and you have an ad group that promotes luxury vacation retreats in Costa Rica. The snippet of code that you’ll insert in your ad text might look like the following:

Doing this means that when a keyword can’t be inserted in your ad - let’s say “Costa Rica”, we’ll insert the default, resort instead.

Check your email Bart, I’ve also opened up a support ticket for you so we can get a better idea of what you’re trying to achieve with DTR!