How would I implement a script to redirect someone to another page if they leave my landing page without filling out the form?

• 2 November 2013
  • 6 replies

I am a newbie and would like to pop a window or redirect to a page if someone bails from my landing page. Thanks in advance for your help.

6 replies

Hey Ryan,

If you can code (or bribe a friend or colleague who does) this could be achieved with some javascript.

That said, one of the reasons Unbounce doesn’t include this as a native feature is due to the fact Google prohibits exit pop-ups. For more information, feel free to learn more about Google’s position here.

Hey Ryan,

If you can code (or bribe a friend or colleague who does) this could be achieved with some javascript.

That said, one of the reasons Unbounce doesn’t include this as a native feature is due to the fact Google prohibits exit pop-ups. For more information, feel free to learn more about Google’s position here.

understood. What about on exit of the page it redirect to another page? Does Google allow that?

If you’re looking to redirect someone after they hit the back button this would again be in violation of Google’s advertisement policies.

Google frowns upon any websites and landing pages that are difficult to enter or exit for the visitor.

I’d recommend taking a gander at what is and isn’t allowed like here.

If you’re looking to redirect a visitor after they hit the back button - this would again be in violation of Google’s advertisement policies.

Google frowns upon any websites and landing pages that are difficult to enter or exit for the visitor. You want to create the best and most user friendly experience for your visitors.

I’d recommend taking a gander at what Google frowns upon here.

If you’re looking to redirect a visitor after they hit the back button - this would again be in violation of Google’s advertisement policies.

Google frowns upon any websites and landing pages that are difficult to enter or exit for the visitor. You want to create the best and most user friendly experience for your visitors.

I’d recommend taking a gander at what Google frowns upon
here.