How to 'Gate' Pages

• 24 June 2016
  • 3 replies

I’m not too sure if this is a feature already implemented, but I could not figure out for the life of me how to have a lightbox pop up immediately, and essentially block my content without filling out the form. I wasn’t sure what to search for: Welcome Gate, Content Block etc… but with the help of Robert on the support team, we came up with a nifty workaround:

We took my landing page at http://newpatients.digisearch.com/, and copied the page in one image. Then I recreated a landing page of that page as one flat image as the background. I used an overlay to darken it and added a form. Using css from Robert, I kept the form floating in the center of the screen, and then redirected entrants to my NEW landing page http://newpatients.digisearch.com/special/

a little tedious, but I think it could be solved by allowing a lightbox feature in the builder… just a thought.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi Christopher,

Another way of doing this is to use a third party tool such as OptinMonster or SumoMe.

Personally, I use OptinMonster, and it works like a charm. Admitted, it’s not free, but for the number of leads I’ve gotten from it over the years, it pays for itself and saves a lot of time with their easy customization options (no coding required).

The best part about OptinMonster is that you can delay the popover for a specific amount of time, or even opt to show it only as desktop users appear to be exiting the page. Lots of other options are availible too.

It’s not exactly a full “content block” tool that forces users to fill out the form, rather it just gives them the option. They can easily just click out of it and proceed to the page, so it’s not an exact fit for what you’re looking for. But it’s still a great tool.

Have a great day!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi Christopher, 

Nicholas is spot on about OptinMonster. 

Definitely, give it a try if you haven’t done so yet. 

Best,
Hristian

SOOOOO…this does not put a HARD gate in front of your page, but you could use a Convertible to act as a SOFT gate.