Here’s what I’m trying to do:
- User comes to landing page on Unbounce with Wufoo embedded form
- User gets redirected from successful form completion to success page on Unbounce
- Unbounce external conversion tracking being used to track landing page conversions
We want to use Unbounce for both the landing page and success page because then we can add another conversion on the success page, such as a click-through to a partner site, or a coregistration sign-up. So, I recommend tweaking the external conversion tracking logic so it works as follows:
- Check if user has visited an Unbounce page on the current domain not including the current page the user is on
- Assign the conversion to that page, not the current page
I’m (naturally :)) hoping this can be implemented soon, because otherwise using external conversion tracking requires us to create and host pages elsewhere, which kind of defeats the purpose of using Unbounce.