Error when sending birthdate to Salesforce

• 23 December 2014
  • 2 replies

I’m trying to map a form to Salesforce and one of the fields is Birthdate which is mapping to Birthdate in Salesforce, but I keep getting the following error:

Request Error: Salesforce received 04/26/1988 which should be sent as a date field. Please update your field mapping configuration.

I tried leaving that field unmapped and it still gave me the error. Anyone have any ideas?

2 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi there -

We covered this on chat this morning, but I just wanted to reply publicly for the benefit of others who may be having the same issue.

Unbounce sends all its form field data as strings Ð so if a Salesforce field is set to only accept dates, you may see the above error in the ‘Integration Errors’ section.

The easiest fix is to change the Salesforce field to a string or text type, so it accepts the date string we send.

Alternatively, you may be able to set up an Apex trigger on the Salesforce end to convert the incoming string to a date object. Here is their developer guide: https://www.salesforce.com/us/develop…

I hope that helps!

I am having a similar issue when pushing a date to salesforce. I am getting an error Cannot deserialize instance of date from VALUE_STRING. I have other sources sending similar data as dates with type=text just like the unbounce form and not having an issue. Rather than change anything on Salesforce which can possibly hurt other iintegrations that are working fine, is there something that can be done with Unbounce?