Email links to all page variations?

How do I email links to all variations for people to preview and proof?

15 replies

Hi Jen,
The ability to share pages for previewing and proofing is on our radar, but until we implement a proper solution, you can put “a.html” or “b.html” on the end of your published page’s URL to show a specific variant. For example:

http://mycustomdomain.com/mypagepath/… would show me variant C.

We can’t guarantee that we’ll always support this (which is why it’s not officially documented) but it will definitely work for now and until we implement a proper sharing feature. Hitting this URL will also not count as a visitor in your stats.

Hope that helps!

Awesome!!! Thanks for the response! It is good to know there is something I can do to send them on now even if it changes in the future. Have a great weekend!

No worries Jen!

Will this affect the conversion stats? My client will probably look at it all the time 😉

Nope - linking to a specific variant will not affect your stats.

Thanks!

Thanks for the useful info…

No worries Rich. If we ever change how sharing works, we’ll be sure to update this thread.

This isn’t working for me anymore. If you’re no longer supporting this, is there another way that I can still do this? Thanks!

It should still be working Frederick, are you sure your variant is published? If you still can’t get it to work, fire an email to support@unbounce.com with the page details and we’ll help you out.

You’re right… I republished the page and then it worked. I had recently moved this page to a new account. Thanks for letting me know!

Ahh glad to hear it’s working for you!

Thanks.

Hey Everyone - Just wanted to add a reminder that this method of accessing variants should only be used for preview and testing purposes. When a visitor lands on a link taking them directly to a variant the stats will not properly update. So please avoid using the variant link for your actual campaigns.

Userlevel 3

Hey Everyone - Just wanted to add a reminder that this method of accessing variants should only be used for preview and testing purposes. When a visitor lands on a link taking them directly to a variant the stats will not properly update. So please avoid using the variant link for your actual campaigns.