Could I get some feedback on my Landing Page design?

• 25 January 2016
  • 7 replies
  • 1 view

I have created this landing page design for a QA Software Testing Company. It isn’t fully functioning yet, its just a working concept. I would like some feedback specifically on the overall impression and feel. Would the visuals attract or alienate big revenue clients. Does it match the criteria I am aiming it for, or would high-end larger corporations find it too light-hearted? Thank you.

7 replies

Rebecca,

Can you provide a link? You have to expand the little link icon in this editor to insert one. Also, for feedback on landing pages you can use /topics/usabilityhub.com usabilityhub.com it is great for all kinds of testing.

Joe

Happy to give it a look over!  Joe and Joe are on it 😉

Odd, I did do that. Here it is, http://carl523.wix.com/testinghero
Thank you for your help.

Thank you very much! If you can’t see the link here it is, http://carl523.wix.com/testinghero

Hi Rebecca,
First off, pick up an Unbounce free trial and see how easy it is to get started.  I’m not too familiar with Wix, but I can vouch for Unbounce’s landing page builder (and support team).
The biggest thing that jumped out at me was that the Headline seemed slightly generic.  Might there be a way to communicate Software Testing in the headline that gives the viewer a taste of how you will solve their problem and save the day? 🙂
You might even test using your subheadline as the headline!
Regards,Joe

Thank you for helping. I will take that on board. Could you give me some feedback on the design? “Would the visuals attract or alienate big revenue clients. Does it match the criteria I am aiming it for, or would high-end larger corporations find it too light-hearted?”

Kind regards,
Rebecca

Rebecca, I will echo Joe’s comment about unbounce and then move on.

To take a page from Roberta Rosenberg (the copywriting maven) be clear, not cute. The hero metaphor is great, but you may have taken it a smidge too far. If you are looking to be taken seriously by fortune 500’s and the like you have to grab them with clear concise headlines. All of the super hero metaphor watters down your message.

There are plenty of elements you can test within this pretty beautiful framework. New headlines, placement of different elements i.e. moving the super power section up to the top to give people your list of services sooner. You can test moving the form around. You can also test whether a sticky header helps as the page is on the longer side. Which is fine, SaaS often need more copy than other verticals.

It is a slick looking page, but the message is buried behind “cute copy”.  Just my $0.02.

How are you sending traffic to this page?

Good luck!
Joe