Changeable background picture

• 29 October 2014
  • 4 replies
  • 1 view

I would very much like if I could make our background picture change between different images.

4 replies

Userlevel 3

Hey Jakob - I don’t know of a workaround for this offhand but I’d like to know a bit more details of your use case for having this and the behaviour of this feature.

Do you have an example page that has a similar feature? Did you need the images to transition smoothly with some type of animation?

Perhaps someone here might be able to find a viable workaround if they had a clear idea of how it should work.

Hi Johnny,

I’ve sent a support ticket right now asking about this, since we have to implement this for a new customer and never figured out why. I’m posting here if you’re interested in the solution and also for the community to see. Or maybe you’ve come across a solution since last time?

To answer your earlier questions:

Basically I need the background image of my page to fade between different full-screen images.

I know how to fade between images put on top of each other on a page, but I need it to be the background image. 

It could also be other images if they could fill out the whole screen, but the page section limits that.

Anything else you would need to know?

Hope you can help.
Jakob

Hi Johnny,

I’ve sent a support ticket right now asking about this, since we have to implement this for a new customer and never figured out how. I’m posting here if you’re interested in the solution and also for the community to see. Or maybe you’ve come across a solution since last time?

To answer your earlier questions:

Basically I need the background image of my page to fade between different full-screen images. 

I know how to fade between images put on top of each other on a page, but I need it to be the background image. 

It could also be other images if they could fill out the whole screen, but the page section limits that.

Anything else you would need to know?

Hope you can help.
Jakob

Userlevel 3

Thanks for clarifying Jakob. 

I don’t have a solution offhand for this. But it should be possible. These two jquery functions might be helpful in building out the script/functionality:

http://api.jquery.com/attr/
http://api.jquery.com/fadeout/

Wish I had a more full out solution to give you Jakob, but I hope that helps guide you in the right direction