Buttons: text auto-centered creates design issues

• 4 February 2010
  • 5 replies

Since we’d like to drop our Paypal button into the sales sheet, doing so inside of the button we’ve created would be ideal. Since the text can’t be aligned towards the top or side, it creates an awkward design challenge to do so.

Maybe I’m missing something, but I don’t see a way to move the text within a button.

5 replies

Also, duplicating buttons doesn’t bring styling with it, which is annoying as well. 🙂

Currently there is no way to position the text within a button element other than “centered”. We will improve on this in the future.

In the meantime you might be able to use and image element instead of a button and specify a link for it and then position another button on top with the background set to transparent and border set to none. This creates an invisible button with just text showing. You can position this button appropriately

Another option would be to include the text in your image if possible and then remove the label text from button.

The bug that causes duplicated buttons to lose their styling has been fixed and will be deployed to app.unbounce.com sometime in the next few days.

Let me know if either of these solutions work for you.

Super suggestion. We used option ‘remove label text from button’ and it’ll definitely pass!

I’m glad to here that worked for you!

Currently there is no way to position the text within a button element other than “centered”. We will improve on this in the future.Is the future here yet please?

I want to add icons on top of the button and just found out that we’re still in the past.