Additional form validation

• 17 October 2013
  • 3 replies

Hi All,

We have set up a form but the fields on the form need to be validated more:
Name cannot only have numbers or letters Ð Ò12345Ó, Ò()-+!<>:;[]Ó or 1[]^&2345Ó should not be possible
Company same as name
Phone cannot only contain letters Ð ÒaBcDeFÓ should not be possible

All the above should trigger errors.

Unbounce doesnt have the options to rule out the characters but should be possible with custom code.

Can anyone point me in the right direction or maybe even help me with the code to do this?

Thanks in advance!

Rob

3 replies

Hi Rob

I have the same issue - Please see my post ‘Customize the exsisting form validation that appears on right of form in red to include our own - OR custom validation - Very very Urgent!’

I cant help but am dismayed that u have asked this question 8 days ago with no response. Any idea how we can get Unbounce attention?

Hey Rob,

Unfortunately, there isn’t a way to set text only and number only form fields. The good news is that if you use the pre-built phone number field, you should be able to set up phone number validation (either North America, UK, AU or generic – meaning any format). I realize you posted this a few days ago but if you still need a hand, let me know and I can show you how to configure the number validation.

…however, I know this doesn’t solve the text field issue for name and company.

If it’s a true deal breaker, you can replace the Unbounce form with a WuFoo form instead (which supports a bigger variety of validation formats). With Unbounce’s conversion tracking script, you’d still be able to track conversions on your landing page.

I know it’s not an ideal solution Rob but I hope it helps.

Wilhelm - I’ll take a look at your post and follow up there

Hi Rob

I had a similar issue with needing custom validation in Unbounce pages. After some digging around and having a decent knowledge of JavaScript, I managed to get my own validation incorporated into our landing page.

I put together an example apge to show how I did it here:

http://unbouncepages.com/formtest-1/

Perhaps this can help.

Geoff Webb